$80K — $100K *
The successful Digital Content Strategist will use experience and innate acumen for content development and storytelling, combined with a deep passion for analytics, to inform the omni-channel enterprise content strategy and architecture for internal, external, owned and paid communications.
The Digital Content Strategist will be a consensus-builder within the organization and with external partners to solve content problems from all angles: strategically, creatively, technically and philosophically. Through direction and advice to include proper planning, what, where and when best to publish content and then how to partner with the right teams to promote and distribute, this role will develop the full storyline. This person will own channel strategy and use data to ensure the right content is on the right platform.
The Digital Content Strategist will form integral relationships with content creators throughout the enterprise and our within our creative agencies, as well as with media strategists. This person will map touch points on audience journies, then relay creative teams to create the touch points and media teams to orchestrate connections throughout those journies.
• Create and maintain universal editorial calendar
• Partner with peers, managers and directors to develop and maintain our digital communications strategy to ensure omni-channel presence but tailored, targeted delivery of content
• Own omni-channel strategy for each of current and new channels owned by Brand Communications (social media, web pages, internal and external branded content/blogs, etc.)
• Lead enterprise wide keyword strategy planning (organic and paid)
• Identify opportunities on key campaigns (internal and external) and establish appropriate distribution strategies including paid, owned, earned, internal
• Advise content development in a hands-on way, focusing on initial strategy with check-ins throughout the production cycle to ensure strategy is adhered to
• Active engagement with established, emerging and non-traditional communications avenues and outlets, including but not limited to platforms, partnerships and branded content
• Attend cross-team meetings to coordinate and connect campaigns and communications methods accordingly
• Create content strategy deliverables across campaigns (owned, paid, sometimes internal)
• Ensure alignment of content plan with brand guidelines and objective
• Act as the initial strategic touch point for creative agency and non-agency content ideas, interacting with sector communications teams, including creative, who may be receiving initial request
• Lead enterprise social team meetings
• Manage the social editorial content calendar
• Owner of the Social Playbook (channel strategy, algorithm updates, audiences, etc.)
• Provide thought leadership and analysis of best practices and trends in content marketing (social, branded editorial, etc.)
• Contribute to strategy team to inform keyword strategy and provide direction for future content development
• Provide consulting on newsletter initiatives to optimize against stated objectives
• Working with metrics and analytics team, review and make recommendations for content or channel optimizations or gaps based on activities like audits, testing, benchmarks and other types of analysis
• Work with agency and other team members to review competitor reports for their strengths, weaknesses, and unique ways they pursue customers.
• Use that data to inform strategies that will help differentiate Northrop Grumman and to appeal to a targeted audience.
• Bachelor’s degree with 6 years’ experience; or 4 years’ experience with a Master’s degree
• Experience in content strategy and architecture in a large company or advertising agency
• Demonstrated ability to use and apply:
- Google Analytics
- SEO/keyword tools like SimilarWeb, SpyFu, Screaming Frog etc.
- Sprinklr or social media SaaS management tool familiarity
- Proficient in MS Office products, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated ability in developing SEO and content optimization across multiple platforms
• Excellent presentation skills
• A proactive and collaborative mindset
• Experience collabroating across functions and business areas
Valid through: 11/17/2020
$80K — $100K
$150K — $250K
2 days ago