Principal DevOps Engineer
Careers that Change Lives
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe. Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure offers devices and therapies to treat abnormal heart rhythms, as well as cardiac diagnostic and monitoring solutions.
Ideation! Bring advanced embedded software knowledge, engineering expertise and leadership to platform, infrastructure, and integration software supporting cutting edge technical solutions for our software-driven medical robotics platform.
As a Principal DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible to implement cloud based DevOps capabilities for Medtronic CRHF’s next generation enterprise Clinician and Patient Care Management system. This exciting new system will be the basis of Medtronic’s disease management platform and continue to provide remote monitoring of over 1M patients in 80 geographies.
You will also be responsible to bring state of the art tools and methodologies used in today’s Cloud based enterprise systems to build automation tools that comply with Medtronic’s Quality System and that scales to meet future needs.
A Day in the Life
- Architect and implement the DevOps process and tools in a Cloud based environment
- Research and Propose tool & technology choices for delivering high quality, performant and scalable cloud services
- Define the overall continuous integration strategy
- Architect and Design solutions for Quality Processes, Testing & Automation Strategies and Test Execution Systems – to deliver scalable cloud services
- Work directly with product architects and engineering team to build testability into the products
- Share automation best practices & set high standards for the entire team to build consistent maintainable automation & automation subsystems
- Technical voice of the DevOps team with internal and external stakeholders
- Guiding Proof-of-concept (POC) projects and development of major components in the DevOps system
- Build metrics and automated systems for gathering/analyzing quality checkpoints
- Lead a team of engineers by providing technical guidance
- Collaborate with broader engineering teams to define and implement best practices
- Participate actively in all the stages of project lifecycle
- Operate on complex tasks/projects with minimal guidance
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Ability to organize and lead DevOps team and the ability to define a DevOps strategy
- Experience in developing automation tools and frameworks with hands on technical and programming skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing/testing Cloud Solutions
- Experience in DevOps for Cloud Solutions
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience with testing services in AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Design/test experienceworking with regulated medical devices.
- Experience building DevOps and Test automation capabilities from ground up for a complex cloud based solution
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Experience in deployment automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication