Constant Contact helps thousands of small businesses compete online. Engineering Services is the DevOps team at Constant Contact responsible for improving and maintaining the applications that make that possible.
We are hiring talented, innovative, and entrepreneurial people to make our tools, environments and processes better.
Agile individuals who drive evolution, embrace new technologies and better practices. Folks that make it happen. Seriously awesome people who put customers first, always.
- Actively participate in a Scrum environment, iterate quickly and contribute toward key goals
- Engage with Product Management, Development, and Quality Engineering to provide guidance on Operability, Release and Configuration Management, infrastructure and application capacity management and provisioning.
- Create, maintain, and document tools and automation for handling system state and operational excellence across complex infrastructure
- Capacity Management for all tiers across multiple applications
- Design tools and provide training for peers across operations ensuring 24x7 site-up of all services and the application portfolio
- Design, implement, and maintain instrumentation to provide transparency to application and system state, history, and trends
- Act as an escalation point for junior staff members and strive to be the resident expert for your technologyportfolio
- Engage with teams across Constant Contact to share best practices and leverage tools and code for re-use as effectively as possible
- Serve as a member of a 24x7 tiered on-call team, ensuring your partners in Product Management, Development, and Quality Engineering at Constant Contact are delighted
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of production engineering related experience
- Must have a strong, customer-centric philosophy, a drive to go above and beyond the norm to fully resolve issues
- Expert level experiences with Linux operating systems, including the ability to performance tune the OS and applications suites
- Strong scriptingexperience with python, groovy and shell scriptingpreferred
- Experienceworking with Java applications, including tuning, configuration, troubleshooting, etc
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/ Continuous Integration tools :
- Source Control software such as Git
- CI tools such as Jenkins / Bamboo or equivalent
- Build automation tools such as Maven / Ant or equivalent
- Configuration management software such as Puppet/Chef/CF Engine or equivalent.
- Experience with Artifact repository tools such as Artifactory
- Must be an out-of-the-box thinker willing to challenge conventional approaches and build consensus around innovative solutions
- Ability to build out, deploy and maintain web-based applications in Production and Pre-Production environments
- Excellent ability to document current requirements and enhance existing processes throughout our infrastructure
- Experience with JBoss, TomEE, TorqueBox or similar application servers
- Exposure to application-level monitoring tools such as Nagios, Gomez or other equivalent industry standard tools
- Experienceworking within an agile project management framework
- Python and Ruby experience
- Strong knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing and CDN’s
- Experience of working with native mobile applications at scale
- Experience with Apache, NGINX or similar web servers