As a DevOps Automation Engineer, you will work closely with a global team of DevOps engineers focused on delivering the automation for infrastructure build, runtime tools environment build, deploy HA and DR topologies, scale-out for infrastructure, runtime tools and code-based software products and platform services. Your expertise on tools/technologies like Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Packer and programming languages like Python, Go, groovy and Java and others would be key to deliver the required automation. Once chosen, you will work towards building a system, deployment and data flow architecture and automation to deliver the highly available, performant and secure environments of runtime tools.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Extensive knowledge of deployment orchestration and automation (Ansible, Kubernetes, Istio or other Service Meshes, Jenkins) PLUS: Argo, Harness, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make it more consistent and predictable. You’ll do this by orchestrating environment deployment from OS all the way through the application layers of a solution, using tools such as Docker, GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime
- Build self service capability for the most common infrastructure and application management tasks
- Create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline
- Strong experience with scripting languages and using them in automation (primarily Bash and Python, others are a big plus)
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins plugins and configuration of Jenkins architecture to scale to large build execution architectures
- Should have prior experience automating deployment of part of or entire CI/CD pipeline
- 10+ years experience
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Computer Engineering