What You Will Be Doing
You will work in Toshiba's exciting global team to design next generation of PCIe & NVMe SSD (solid state storage) SOCs. As a key member of the Storage SoC Hardware development team, you will be responsible for creating SSD controller's design specification, RTL design, performance analysis, FW interactions as well as frontend physical implementation. You will be working very closely with the architecture and FW teams to define system behavior. This includes the assessment of in-house or 3rd party IPs for the SOC integration.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Perform detailed analysis of PCIe & NVMe Enterprise SSD requirements
- Participate in the SSD Controller ASIC HW & FW specification development.
- Actual implementation of Flash controller SoC, in mapping the architecture concepts into RTL & Firmware implementation.
- PCIe, NVMe protocol handler RTL implementation, synthesis & formality check.
- You support Design verification & FPGA validation teams.
- Architect automation HW to improve the Data & Command throughput
- Investigate & analyze the landscape of the Silicon storage systems such as Gen-Z, NVMe over fabric, and Flash matrix with the good understanding of new features of ever-evolving NVMe standards
- Investigate controller requirements for Emerging memories such as NAND, MRAM & ReRAM technologies
Education & Experience Necessary for Success
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the following domains:
- Strong experience in SSD controller H/W architecture & design
- Strong Experience in RTL design, design verification, synthesis & formality
- Solid experience in PCIe & NVMe interfacing & understand the I/O protocols
- In-depth knowledge of AXI protocols, DDR controllers and embedded controllers
- In-depth knowledge of NAND Flash memories & their operation
- Big plus with extensive experience on Ethernet and PCIe MAC IP’s
- Understand various ECC codes
- MSEE or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Req # 1669