Job ID: 0009533 Description:
Qorvo is an E-Verify employer.
Site: MA - Chelmsford (IDP)
Business Title: Principal Design Engineer
Shift: Normal Day
Qorvo is All Around You! We manufacture innovative RF solutions at the center of connectivity to enable high-performance applications for advanced wireless devices, wired and wireless networks and defense radar and communications for 5G networks, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and other emerging applications. We are a global company thriving on a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusion. Our people are always at the core of Qorvo's innovation. Qorvo is a place to stretch your imagination and push boundaries to achieve success.
It is an exciting time to be a part of Qorvo's Infrastructure and Defense Products. Qorvo's IDP manufactures and markets high performance RF and mixed signal integrated circuits for the communications markets that connect, protect and power the world. Our customers trust Qorvo to meet and exceed requirements and deliver advanced RF technologies to enable their most complex technical challenges and applications. Our products address connectivity both wired and wireless networks, the smart home and the IoT, broadband, aerospace, defense, and automotive. Our customers rely on us to solve the industry's most complex engineering problems. And that takes brain power and willingness to create and innovate. Join us and help us continue to create cutting edge technologies for a more connected world all around you.
- Reporting into the Infrastructure division of Qorvo supporting defense and aerospace markets
- Drive leading edge MMIC designs for microwave and MMW systems..
- Design and perform layout of GaAs and GaN MMICs.
- Perform EM simulation at the die and module level.
- Interface with external customers to show periodic technical status.
- Perform system level analyses to allow optimization of the components.
- Travel a few times a year to support customer meetings.
- Direct technicians in the tuning and optimization of module hardware in the lab.
- Some hands-on work will be required to solve challenging issues.
- Work with your cross-functional team members, bring products from conception to full production release.
- Support Product Marketing and Applications Engineering throughout the product development lifecycle with product prototypes and samples, data and design summaries, and application circuit recommendations.
- 12 years in cellular front-end modules and IC design.
- Good communication skills written and verbal.
- Comfortable interfacing with internal marketing and external customers.
- Demonstrated history of successfully designing and production-releasing state-of-the art MMIC's in III-V HBT and HEMT technologies
- Proficiency with RFIC EDA tools such as Keysight ADS and/or Cadence.
- Experience with EM simulators such as Sonner, ADS Momentum, FEM, and/or HFSS.
- Detailed transistor-level knowledge of RF and microwave integrated circuit design techniques including linear power amplifier design, RF switching, low noise amplifiers, bias circuits, and multi-chip module design.
- Understanding of thermal management in MMICs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly motivated and very interactive team environment.
- Hands-on laboratory work including RF tuning and testing.
- Must be familiar with most RF test equipment.
- Effectively communicate ideas and progress status in presentations and written reports