The PIC Lead is responsible for the development of silicon photonic devices and circuits.
*This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be assigned as needed.
- Provide leadership and collaboratively define direction of RP silicon photonic platform for new and existing applications;
- Work with Integration leads to identify technology gaps and come up with plans to fill them for current and next-gen products;
- Develop detailed plans for execution with program managers, photonic design, fab and test leads;
- Drive execution by interfacing with fabs and vendors on photonic process and design;
- Perform as the technical lead in areas that need development & management;
- Work with product management as required to define roadmap from an execution standpoint;
- Drive coordination with packaging, reliability and qualification for NPI;
- Identify and define near term research activities in design and process;
- Work to come up with BOM cost for various products/programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- MS or PhD in Physics, Optics, or Electrical Engineering;
- 5+ years demonstrated industry experience in designing photonics devices for product;
- Deep understanding of passive photonics device physics, including mode matching and coupling, adiabatic transitions, multimode interference, resonators, and WDM multiplexing filters. Hands on experience of key modeling techniques including eigen model solving, eigen mode expansion, and finite difference time domain, and mainstream design tools such as Lumerical, Photon Design, or Rsoft suites. Familiar with layout, testing and fabrication flow.
- Understanding and design experience in one or more active photonics devices, such as photodetectors, optical modulators, lasers, and semiconductor optical amplifiers
- Desirable to have understanding and development experience in one or more optical systems, such as a fiber optical communication link, spectroscopy, or Lidar
- Familiarity with photonics foundry PDKs, layout, or test automation is a plus
- Experience in IC design or optical packaging is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills, documentation of results with diligence and high level of data integrity
- Company Values: Customers, Results, Innovation, Excellence, and Teamwork.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these US export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Rockley is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Rockley is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.