The People Analytics team at Humana takes a customer centric approach to optimizing talent outcomes and improving the associate experience. We provide advanced analytic products and consulting to our Enterprise business leaders and HR centers of excellence. Our passion for improving the associate experience is supported through a strategy of a strong data infrastructure, analytic product development, and advanced data science capabilities.Responsibilities
The Principal Data Scientist will enhance and mature the vision of People Analytics at Humana. The principal drives analytic value by working with business customers to identify and prioritize advanced analytic use cases. They will deliver analytic output and lead a team of data scientists. The principal will collaborate and consult with executives in the business, set objectives, and execute on a customer-centric approach of delivery.
- The Principal Data Scientist develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting.
- Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics.
- Works with senior executives to develop and drive segment or enterprise-wide functional strategies.
- Advises one or more areas, programs or functions and provides recommendations to senior executives on matters of significance, and as an advanced subject matter expert competent to work at very high levels in multiple knowledge and functional areas across the enterprise.
- Master's degree and 10 or more years of experience in data analytics
- 2 or more years project and/or people leadership experience
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Advanced proficiency in statistical software like R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Experience with providing strategic advice and guidance to functional teams
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics
- Successful demonstrated experience in working with senior executives to develop and drive segment or enterprise-wide functional strategies
- Ability to advise one or more areas, programs or functions
- Ability to work at very high levels in multiple knowledge and functional areas across the enterprise
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology or a related field
- 10 or more years of experience in organizational consulting
- 5 or more years of experience working with organizational surveys and related research methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of organizational theory, employee behavior, and psychometrics
- Experience with people systems and technologies