Requisition ID: 0394190327
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are one of only two industrial companies to hold a AAA Credit Rating. With our forward-thinking business practices, commitment to diversity and inclusion, smart management and social responsibility—as noted by our tenure in Fortune World's Most Admired company list for the 16th year in a row, and appearing in the top 20—we are well positioned to transform Technology & Analytics to help innovate faster and compete more effectively, making science and technology equal partners in building the future of Johnson & Johnson.
The Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics ("JJSC DNA") group is seeking a Principal Data Science, Modeling & Analytics to support modeling and analytics work needed to support the Johnson & Johnson Operating System (JJOS) activities as well as general business improvement opportunities. This includes network optimization, multi-echelon inventory optimization (MEIO), planning & scheduling, simulation, risk modeling, and predictive analytics.
- Develop data analysis and mathematical models for supply chain improvement especially in support of Johnson & Johnson's Operating System (JJOS) and other supply chain initiatives. Focusing primarily on network and plan optimization in addition to some predictive analytics, and simulation modeling.
- Perform data cleaning, quality assessment, pre-processing and analysis.
- Translate the data into information and insights – with clear scenario analysis and business impact – and execution plan to drive impact.
- Continue to improve the process and methodology for analytics and modeling for such solutions – building capability within the organization.
- Frame problems to be solved analytically and own deliverables.
- Produce sustainable solutions that can be reused with minimal effort and provide a comprehensive documentation and training for users.
- A Master's degree in Operations Research or a related Engineering / STEM discipline with 8+ years of experience.
- Expertise in supply chain, logistics, and manufacturing system. APICS certification such as CPIM and CSCP is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required
- Excellent aptitude for application of mathematics and quantitative methods to business problems is required.
- Working knowledge of optimization, simulation, data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, neural networks, clustering, regression, Bayesian models etc.
- Significant exposure to optimization engines (e.g. C-PLEX, Gurobi) is preferred.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as Python, R, Scala, Java, Perl, C++, etc. is required.
- Experience developing industrial-strength advanced analytics applications on big-data platforms like Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL and knowledge of querying language such is SQL, Hive etc.
- Experience with cloud Data and Analytics solutions required such as Cloudera or Azure.
- Experienced in data reporting and visualization software/tools is required.
- Familiar with large datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Primary Location: : North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester.
- Other Locations: North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
- Effective verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including international travel.
- Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)