Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec's Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
We are looking for a hands-on, results-oriented, intellectually curious, self-learning Data Scientist. Our mission is to discover actionable insights (inference, prediction, relationships, etc.) regarding our customers and use that knowledge to improve our products, customer experience, and business performance. Some examples of the work include:
- A/B test design and analysis
- Single & Multi variate analysis
- Population dynamics and survival analysis
- Life Time Value analysis
- Predictive and regression analysis.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, customers, products, and key metrics to demonstrate a thorough understanding of business performance.
- Learn our data model and the underlying physics that it represents.
- Translate business problems and questions into analysis requirements and gather data from various sources to complete the analysis.
- Produce actionable insights, suggest recommendations, and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating findings.
- An advanced degree and 5 years of experience or a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years of related experience in a quantitative field (MBA, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, Finance, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis (e.g. statistical and predictive analysis, cohort analysis, data mining, rate x volume, financial modeling and forecasting around LTV, ARR, churn, and retention) and A/B testing.
- Experience with building complex multi-source data sets and interpreting data to extract insights and demonstrate efficacy and repeatability of analytic findings.
- Experience with Statistical Programming using Python and Analytics Notebooks such as Jupyter or Databricks
- Hands-on experience with Tableau (or comparable tool) to create visual data presentations.
- Superior skills with SQL to extract data.
- Highly skilled in Excel (pivot tables, advanced functions, statistics).
- Effective communication and alignment with partners including peers, technical resources, and senior leaders, using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to experiment with, explore, and organize data to deliver significant business narratives.
- Self-motivated and directed individual, solid team player, self-learner, and problem-solver with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key partners.
- Prior work experience on an analytics team in a fast-paced business environment.