The Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It's a place that's meant for you.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Data Scientist to join our Corporate Strategy team focused on utilizing advanced quantitative techniques to drive change through the top priority initiatives across the company. You will work in conjunction with JCPenney's leadership to drive and develop solutions in a dynamic environment requiring synthesis of large data sets, visualization, and insights to broad audiences. As a successful Principal Data Scientist on the Corporate Strategy team, you will be utilizing advanced analytics and cognitive computing to unlock measurable incremental revenue and have demonstrated success in using these methodologies to drive exponential business results.
- Apply machine learning and pattern recognition to build decision modeling platforms across the company, and collaborate with teams from all areas and levels within the organization to translate relevant business problems into opportunities
- Leverage developed algorithms to automate unique customer experiences and transform core retail processes
- Extend/augment company data with third party data, enhance data collection procedures to include information required to build analytic systems
- Assist with designing and building infrastructure to facilitate analytics and experimentation
- Present results and make recommendations in a clear manner to senior leadership
- Provide thought leadership and mentor data science community across the organization
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- PhD/MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field + 7-10 years' experience in machine learning, data mining, or predictive modeling
- Excellent understanding of various machine learning techniques and their applications
- Experience in data management, statistical analysis, and machine learning (e.g. Python, R, Spark, H20)
- Strongly prefer experience in retail ecommerce or related domain
- Strong customer service and communication skills, ability to interact with diverse team of people across business and engineering