The Principal Data Scientist will provide thought leadership on the practical application of machine learning and advanced analytical methods and cultivate a data driven culture across the company. The Principal Data Scientist will collaborate with key business leaders to understand business problems and formulate analytical solutions for problem solving as well as lead or collaborate with a team of data scientists, data analysts or big data engineers on analytical projects, proving benefits of solutions and helping with execution and measurement. Subsequently, the Principal Data Scientist have strong prioritization skills, while being dynamic and agile. The Principal Data Scientist must also be able to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to management and executive level audiences while being able to build relationships with their partners. The Principal Data Scientist must be proactive and work with a sense of urgency.
- Master's degree in machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, data science, engineering, or similar quantitative fields of study
- 10+ years hands-on technical experience in using machine learning to understand the patterns in large volumes of data, identify relationships, detect data anomalies, and classify data sets
- 2+ years project and/or people leadership experience
- Strong programming skills in Python and PySpark and standard libraries such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras and Spark ML
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative and qualitative approaches. Specifically, demonstrated practical experience in building end to end data science solutions and applying machine learning methods to real world problems.
- Experience with state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning algorithms, including deep neural networks, NLP, dimensionality reduction, ensemble methods, graph algorithms.
- Experience with cloud-based ecosystems (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with providing strategic advice and guidance to functional teams in a collaborative fashion; working alongside other analytic individuals and team
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Successful demonstrated experience in working with senior executives to develop and drive segment or enterprise-wide functional strategies
- Ability to advise one or more areas, programs or functions
- Ability to work at very high levels in multiple knowledge and functional areas across the enterprise
- Experience leading and growing junior talent
- Experience with disrupting or leading a wave of change in their industry
- Ph. D Degree
- 3-5+ years project and/or people leadership experience
- Big data experience (Hive, Spark, HDFS) a big plus!
- Experience in Healthcare data