This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Each member of the Data team plays an integral part of what we are building at Figure. We rely on advanced techniques in machine learning, cloud platforms and big data to drive decisions across the organization. If you are interested in working with an impressive team of Data pros who collaborate and challenge each other, and want to solve interesting problems to propel the company’s growth, apply now!
What You’ll Do
- Develop custom models and algorithms to apply to large datasets, as well as, processes for monitoring and analyzing their performance.
- Mine and analyze data from different resources, and use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, customer acquisition, underwriting and other business outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business decisions.
- Understand and apply proper risk framework to your analysis and modeling.
- Collaborate cross functionally to implement models and monitor outcomes.
What We Look For
- 8+ years of hands on Data Science experience building Models and partnering with stakeholders to make business decisions
- Credit and Risk modeling experience in consumer finance
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on translating real-life problems into a concrete model development strategy. Blend academic rigor with a sense of pragmatism for rapidly prototyping and delivering solutions.
- Experienced in using Python for analysis and modeling (TensorFlow is a big plus)
- Experience applying a wide range of statistical techniques to large data sets, and understanding their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience using web services (AWS, GCP), and distributed data/computing tools (Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.