$200K — $250K *
In the role of a Principal Data Scientist / AI Engineer, you will collaborate with teams in advancing the applied use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), showcasing the potential for AI through early-stage solutions (e.g., "art of the possible"), develop corporate competencies in AI/ML by mentoring and training teams through implementations.
The CoE provides a unique opportunity in making a difference to citizens and society, while embracing an inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration in an environment that is committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Working in the Maximus Emerging Technologies CoE means that you are passionate about developing and mentoring teams and accelerating the adoption of technologies globally. You will be a self-starter who is comfortable stepping up and taking ownership, orchestrating new possibilities, constantly innovating and willing to explore and challenge the status quo. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on technical leader that is passionate about developing AI teams, identifying compelling cases on how AI/ML can drive significant business benefit, and leading/mentoring teams through their implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop corporate competencies in AI/ML through training, mentoring, and leading teams through successful implementations.
- Contribute towards the curation, development and dissemination of AI/ML related educational materials
- Contribute towards the curation, development, and promotion of playbooks, best practices, standards such as Responsible AI, and lessons learned.
- Lead AI/ML solutions from scoping through deployment and monitoring. Collaborate with engineers, solution architects, project managers, and our services teams, to design and implement models and experiments from end to end, including data ingestion and preparation, analysis and modeling, model deployment, monitoring and documentation. Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build AI/ML models to support our lines of business
- Identify and prioritize key areas where AI/ML solutions can drive significant business benefit.
- Collaborate on the selection and piloting of platforms (e.g. MLOps) and tools in support of CoE
- Support the creation of client proposals and public white papers, roadshows and present at conferences
- Maintain current knowledge of AI technology landscape and emerging developments.
Education and Experience
- Master's Degree
- 10 years of experience
- Minimum 5+ years leading end-to-end (scoping, design, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring) implementation of AI/ML solutions that drive significant business benefit.
- Coaching management, business lines and development teams through change management and adoption related to artificial intelligence transformation.
- Leading teams to develop AI/ML prototypes to showcase potential business impact or validate technical feasibility
- Experience understanding and addressing the ethical, legal, and societal implications of AI/ML.
- Applying agile project management practices in the delivery of an innovation or transformation project or initiatives.
- Developing AI/ML prototypes to showcase potential business impact or validate technical feasibility
- Experience implementing solutions within cloud environments including container-based environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with scientific and machine learning libraries e.g., SciPy, Scikit-learn, NumPy, spaCy.
- Experience with DL frameworks such as Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Experience with ML Ops frameworks
- Strong software development skills.
- Proficient in at least two programming languages including Python
- Experience in Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Agile methodologies
- Proficient in building data processing pipelines and visualization techniques
- Proficient with developing predictive models on structured data (regression, classification, clustering, time-series),
- Proficient with Natural Language Processing
Valid through: 11/10/2021