The Live Ops Analytics Team is looking for a data science expert. As a thought leader within the Live Ops Team, your mission is to put the science into decision making.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Being the trusted expert charged with evolving our Data Science roadmap for all product analytics teams
- Develop novel analytics to qualitatively deduce and draw conclusions from player behavioral data that directly influences game design, play balance, retention of our live titles
- Design and implement predictive models to make an impact on our future business decisions, product planning, and personalization
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to data scientists with a wide range of backgrounds
- Democratize and socialize learnings by contributing to a centralized repository that informs future game design, and is carried across titles and franchises
- Evangelize data science outside the company to increase company visibility and recruit new talent
- Advanced degree required with technical focus (Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- 10+ years total experience in analytics
- Exceptional technical skills with SQL, R/ Python for data analysis and experience in ML driven products
- Demonstrated programming skills either in data science or software development settings a plus
- Expert at deriving narrative from data and communicate the results effectively
- Expert in experimentation and causal inference methodologies
- Comprehensive experience with predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Deep product sense, with a solid understanding of user engagement and monetization strategies in gaming, entertainment/ecommerce service providers, or mobile apps a plus
- Consistently demonstrates ability to identify and meet the needs of others across the company
- Guiding teams to be agile in response to change and to solve complex problems
- Being active in the industry, recognized for application of science to games & entertainment
- Delivering breakthrough analytical projects resulting in measurable engagement or revenue impact
- Exemplifies multi-dimensional skill set – data science, experimentation, analysis, engineering, etc.
- Being a renowned champion for best practices within the analytics, data and engineering teams
- Provides context, not control, remaining highly aligned but loosely coupled.