A Day in the Life
The Principal Data Science Engineer will interact primarily with the internal development team and internal data consumer groups – R & D, Quality & Reliability, Sales & Marketing. This position will have two focus areas: 1) develop and automate the data hub 2) support Machine Learning and Analytics users and tools. SQL and Machine Learning tools will be used on a daily basis. This role will also take input from the subject matter experts to implement and automate machine learning models.
Some travel may be required. All team members are currently located on-site.
- Database design – data sources are highly structured and under our control.
- ETL development and automation to integrate additional sources into the device-focused data hub.
- Structure data so that it is readily consumable by machine learning tools.
- Take data model inputs from consumers and develop scripts to leverage GPU acceleration servers.
- Research and resolve system performance issues.
- Identify potential improvements for both data sources as well as our internal system.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
Nice to Have
- 7+ years of experience in database development and data integration
- Experience with IoT big data design patterns
- Experience with time series data design patterns
- Experience with traditional data warehouse design patterns
- Experience with table design and performance tuning with Postgres or Oracle