We are seeking a Principal Data Operations Specialist – PSJH who manages, optimizes, enhances and improves the data integration and data services that support our portfolio of data-centric clinical and analytic applications. These applications leverage cloud computing, big data, mobile, data science, data warehousing and modern software development applications and frameworks.
The Principal Data Operations Specialist ensures that these data integration processes adhere to uptime and accuracy targets, are resilient, and scale as data volumes increase. The Data Operations Specialist works closely with the data engineering, platforms, and solutions teams to improve and enhance the applications as required.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Data warehousing, big data, cloud computing, business intelligence and analytics.
- Participate in DevOps, Agile, and continuous integration frameworks
- Programming in languages such as C#, python, .Net, Unix shell, Java, etc.
- Document all processes and support source code control and deployments using standard tools and processes.
- Communicate effectively with peers, leaders, and customers throughout the organization.
- Participate in on-call rotation and resolve problems through root cause analysis, data and system investigation, debugging and testing.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field.
- 9 years in similar technology or technical roles.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
- Advanced SQL development skills
- Big data development skills
- Modern application development frameworks
- Familiarity with commercial data integration/ETL tools
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field.
- 2 years in a lead or primary role on a technical team.