We are seeking a Principal Data Insights Consultant - Talent Acquisition to enhance our strategic planning capabilities by revealing strategic insights and intelligence by analyzing data, competitive intelligence benchmarking research, and business results. In this role, you will identify, design and conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of Talent Acquisition (TA), Human Resources (HR) and marketing data to enable the organization to make informed talent related decisions for strategic planning. This role focuses on the development, implementation, management, training and monitoring of strategic information and systems as well as maintains “expert” status in recruitment data and reporting procedures. Provides insights, intelligence, consultation and solutions to leaders through valuable and actionable insights. Helps to solve challenges and improve outcomes by analyzing information and data in a way that reveals key insights (the what) and the connections and context (the so what) and levers to pull to get better outcomes (the now what). Analyzes financial and cost analysis, productivity and ROI of our investments in solutions, technology, services and marketing efforts to enable business success and value creation. Helps to develop business cases for innovation to create competitive advantage for the organization that aligns to the people and business strategies. Partners with leaders to mature our strategic planning capabilities, prioritization and presentations as well as enables data based decisions. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes a team concept and reflects the Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) mission, philosophy, and core values.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide insights and intelligence to Talent Acquisition, HR and business leaders for the purpose of strategic planning and decision-making.
- Communicate widely to stakeholders in all areas, building awareness and appreciation for the function, staff and purpose. Create documentation (e.g. process maps, visual aids, etc.) of services, processes and methods.
- Responsible for development, coordination and implementation of strategic data solutions that enable the organization’s hiring goals.
- Build business cases and measure return on investment (ROI) of solutions; validate and ensure accuracy and consistency of existing metrics, dashboards, and scorecards; identifies data sources and data gaps to answer new business questions (cost per hire, quality of hire, vacancy, agency spend, etc.); partners with Finance and HRIS to ensure alignment and accuracy of representation of shared data; collaborates with the TA Systems and HRIS teams to build infrastructure and reporting solutions.
- Recommends best practices and/or tools for maximizing efficiency and quality of data; provides expert insight, consultation and recommendations on projects or problems as requested; ensures validity of data including identifying and reconciling discrepancies in intelligence from multiple reporting sources and/or systems and/or conducting periodic audits to improve data quality.
- Identifies, designs and documents process workflows, data models, system decisions, designs and procedures related to TA information systems and related functions; shares and implements industry best practices for accessing, analyzing and disseminating data; maintains credibility and strong relationships with TA stakeholders, including hiring managers, recruiting teams, and HR leaders; leads and drives complex cross-functional projects that involve TA data.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- 8 years of experience delivering strategic data insights and intelligence through data analytics, metrics and reporting and presenting outcome-based analysis and recommendations to senior level executives on business strategy development, measurement and planning in a business function (HR, TA or marketing, technology, sales, finance, etc.)
- 5 years leading complex enterprise initiatives, projects and delivering results aligned with organization strategies within or for medium to large companies with elements in some of the following areas: data analytics, technology, process improvement, strategic planning, innovation, marketing or mergers & acquisitions (M&A).
- 5 years of experience gathering and analyzing broad landscape of information at a detailed level, then prioritize and summarize the information into themes and stories to reveal and understand connections and interdependencies.
- 5 years of experience influencing leadership over indirect reports, project teams and vendors.
- 5 years of demonstrated success influencing and consulting to stakeholders and senior leaders to influence change and gain support for ideas and innovation through business presentations.
- 10+ years of intermediate to advanced MS Office experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- HR, TA, Sales, Marketing, Operations, or Technology experience.
- Previous experience at a consulting firm helping clients develop business strategies and business cases, create operational plans to execute on the strategy and define metrics and measurements of success aligned to business outcomes and customer experience.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, CRM and HRIS systems.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.