As a Principal Data Architect, you will serve as the technical leader for creating and designing the data management and experimentation framework for the Data Science Organization. You will translate business needs into requirements in collaboration with engineering, product management, IT, and other stakeholders to create the collaborative and secure environment for data, tools, and infrastructure to streamline data access, analysis and presentation. You will be instrumental in architecting the infrastructure that moves and translates data to enable the analytical experiments, models, reports, and dashboards that inform business critical decisions.
- Create the vision to build and evolve the team’s data infrastructure and tools. Serve as the technical lead for the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines.
- Ensure production quality methods to retrieve, condition, validate, synthesize, and manipulate data.
- Continuously evolve and improve the data architecture and delivery as new requirements emerge.
- Build cross-functional relationships with data scientists, product managers, software engineers, and business partners to understand the data and tools needed and deliver on those needs. Seek diverse perspectives to drive innovation and create buy-in across stakeholders.
- Iterate, document, and communicate throughout the development lifecycle.
- Passion for grounding decisions in data and reasoning.
- Experience with architecting and building environments to experiment with data.
- Experience ensuring data integrity and security.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and technical mentoring skills.
- Focused on impact through disciplined execution and results.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time-zones