We are looking for a talented and established Machine Learning Principal Data Engineer. You will partner with business stakeholders to identify/prioritize top AI opportunities, create business/technical requirements, transform large volumes of data into AI-driven solutions using creative, cutting edge open source methods/technologies, lead ML strategy and road map planning, work across teams and influence the direction of external teams. The ideal leader will combine expert AI/ML/Open Source/Tech knowledge with hands on experience building algorithms/models/programming and outstanding business skills (revenue/cost drivers, customer experience, customer journey, communication, etc.) to manage and deliver complex/critical projects driving significant value to Fidelity.
The ExpertiseWe are Looking For
- Advance degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning or related technical fields.
- Hands on experience developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms (regression, decision trees/random forest, neural networks, feature selection/reduction, clustering, parameter tuning, etc.), using relevant programming languages (Python, PySpark, Scala, Java, C++, C#, C, etc.), mathematical/statistical/ML languages and platforms (R, H2O.ai, Octave, Matlab, Weka, SAS, etc.) and big data tools and languages (Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hive, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge in model evaluation, tuning and performance, operationalization and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies. Experience in evaluating and making decisions around the use of new or existing tools for a project.
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience in projects involving large scale-multi dimensional databases, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams. Three to five successfully launched ML projects.
- 5+ years of relevant employment experience.
The SkillsYou Bring
- Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, Theano, CUDA, and/or DSSTNE.
- Experience with advanced ML techniques (RNN, CNN, LSTM, GRU, Genetic Algorithms, Reinforcement Learning, etc.).
- Experience with voice recognition, natural language processing, and computer vision
- Experience building and delivering complex systems that leverage various machine learning algorithms or technologies that integrate well with other organization-wide systems and can scale effectively.
- Experience in developing and/or launching ML algorithms/frameworks using cloud infrastructure.
- Previous experience in digital-native organizations (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.) and/or the Financial Services industry.
The Value You Deliver We work closely with business stakeholders, collect requirements and deliver high value AI/ML solutions that drive customer and business value.. Those of us who love to work with data see this as the pinnacle of opportunities that you cannot find anywhere else in the industry.