Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading, and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. As Principal Data Software Engineer you will lead database, reporting and analytics development for the Data Team.
This is a hands-on role where you will write code and set the technical direction for the team. You will be responsible for making sure that the team uses modern software development practices. You will work closely with our data architect to craft secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services. As the most senior technical member of your team, you will guide other specialists and help develop their technical skills.
The Data Team is responsible for development of operational and analytical data platforms for Fidelity Digital Assets. These platforms will support reporting, third party interfaces, business intelligence and data analysis needs for the business.
The Expertise You Have
- Strong experience with AWS relational database technologies (Aurora, RDS, DMS)
- Specialist in SQL with commercial experience in PostgreSQL - familiarity with Oracle a plus
- Crafted and implemented operational data stores, as well as data lakes in production environments
- Strong ETL background and experience with schedulers
- Data modeling skills and familiarity with BI reporting tools
- Comfortable with core Java technologies and database libraries
- Prior experience designing architectures around data processing pipelines and resilient messaging services
- An understanding of microservice architectures and twelve factor app patterns
- Ability to build reliable software that is able with withstand unreliable environments
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms and containerization technologies such as ECS and Docker
The Skills You Bring
- A proven foundation in software engineering – bachelor’s degree + preferred, 8 years’ experience
- Strong background in data field with full-stack software development knowledge and critical thinking skills to design end-to-end solutions
- Passionate and committed to learning new tools and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Work well in both a small agile team and independently, having a strong user focus
- Proven strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at a given time
- Lead advancement of engineering practices such as code and design reviews and the definition of source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline
The Value You Deliver
- Understand detail requirements and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Produce scalable, resilient, cloud-based systems design aligned with our long-term strategy
- Produce high-quality code, with high test coverage, following Fidelity processes, standards, and methodologies
- Provide outstanding support, including on-call support when necessary
- Mentor and develop technical staff across global sites
Why Fidelity Digital Assets?
Fidelity Digital Assets embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of 130+ forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.