Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
- Be a part of a team that is re-building an externally vendor hosted Data Aggregation and Data Warehouse environments and moving it to an AWS S3 environment owned by Epizyme and integrating new technologies to ensure the new Data Aggregation / Data Lake / Data Warehouse solutions meet the needs of today and tomorrow.
- Work primarily with the Commercial business and external solution providers to scope out data integration and reporting requirements and ensure that the design and implementation support the requirements.
- Work with IT, external solution provider and key software vendors (AWS, Dell Boomi, Salesforce.com, Snowflake and Tableau) to ensure the Data Lake / Warehouse and Analytics applications support Epizyme’s business for current and new datasets and / or analytical initiatives.
- Introduce and lead the implementation of new AWS services or other technologies to address a business requirement.
- Interact with other key functional areas to ensure on-going developments such as Aggregate Spend or Speaker Program management are incorporated.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Ensure proper unit testing is performed and documented.
- Oversee the migration of approved code through environments.
- Help to make sure all applications are running efficiently and effectively including coordination/trouble-shooting IT and software and external provider vendor with as necessary
- Ensure all project work is handed over to support personnel seamlessly.
- Work with/manage the data warehouse project/support team (onsite and remote) to ensure all technical, business, and data related issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Comply with SLA terms and monitor KPIs to meet/exceed established service levels
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to move into other area such as Veeva CRM /Salesforce or Google / Web analytics that have data integration and analytical needs.
- Drive innovation and next-generation initiatives to incorporate evolving technologies and support growing business needs.
- Be able to communicate on a technical and business level.
Education & Requirements:
- BA/BS required, preferably in a technical subject area (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Act as internal technical lead for development efforts within the AWS data lake/ warehouse environment.
- Act as a point person for the business to handle ad hoc requests and questions concerning the AWS data lake / warehouse and analytical environment, Tableau Online.
- 8 years of experience in business architecture and data warehousing.
- Experience in data lake / warehousing and analytics built on AWS eco-system.
- Experience with AWS services and security (e.g. S3, Appflow, IAM) and writing to S3 using Python.
- Experience with relation databases and data modeling (Snowflake preferred).
- Experience in data integration (ETL) development using AWS App Flow, Dell Boomi or similar platforms.
- Experience in administering and developing in Tableau or another comparable tool
- Experience in SQL script development using Navicat, TOAD or Snowsight.
- Experience with scripting to spool files, schedule jobs and run processes.
- Coordinate with IT, software and external providers’ potential downtimes regarding upgrades, updates, and / or patches.
- Communicate delays and issues to the appropriate business teams.
- Understanding of key data modeling principles and the ability to create and modify data models.
- Understanding of standard data integration techniques and ability to recommend and implement appropriate solution based on business intelligence requirements.
- Experience working with pharmaceutical data sets and source systems (IQVIA, MedPro, Symphony, Veeva / SFDC).
- Experience in working with cross-functional, multi-cultural teams as well as skills to manage virtual teams of external vendors and systems.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)