Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
The Principal Consultant role leverages Big Data, Data Warehouse, Data Management and analytical platform technical knowledge with an emphasis on developing, proposing and delivering large Consulting Services deals. The Principal Consultant has broad knowledge of the Big Data and Data Warehouse analytic space including experience with both Teradata products and technologies as well as those in the Open Source portfolio. Using previous experience scoping, proposing, selling, and delivering long term big analytic consulting services engagements/programs, the Principal Consultant will play a major role in driving and delivering large engagements including, but not limited to, large outsourced/retainer Analytic Architecture and Solution delivery for fortune 500 clients.
The Principal Consultant is able to articulate analytical ecosystem architectures and trends. And provides technical consulting as a trusted advisor to support Think Big Analytics large sales opportunities. The Principal Consultant establishes and enhances customer relationships ranging from DBA to CIO.
The Principal Consultant will collaborate with account leadership as well as other technical domain experts to formulate proposals and play a key role in the final selling and delivery of large engagements.
Overall Job Purpose:
• Establish trusted technical advisor status with clients and prospects
• Drives increased consumption of Teradata software (TCore) by identifying and positioning value-add opportunities
• Demonstrates technical expertise and credibility with customers, from DBA to CIO
• Understands and advises customers on analytics ecosystem architectures and solution approaches
• Works with Teradata Account Executives and Think Big Analytics Client Directors on account
planning and strategy development
· Drives Big Data Analytics Consulting sales including the design, scoping, proposal, and then helping to close deals larger than $1M
· Lead/contribute to RFx responses
· Supports long term Big Data Delivery/Engagement Management
· Spends significant time working with technical client resources who are considering the Teradata Analytics Platform and related open source technologies to understand their usage patterns, subject areas, and integration points for identification of ways to improve or add new value
· Understands and communicates the customer-specific value of Think Big Analytic solutions/services and how they enhance the Customer’s analytical ecosystem.
· Manages relationships with client stakeholders as the key advisor on analytics programs
· Accelerates the sales process by building client interest in a Think Big Analytic solution
· Maintains relationships with Teradata account team leads to discuss strategy and develop future sales opportunities
· Includes both pre-sales and billable work as needed
· Documents client’s current analytical infrastructure/framework/architecture and organizational structure and flow
Key Attributes of Success:
· Ability to clearly communicate and sell complex ideas
· Working with/leading multi-disciplinary teams to develop complex, large proposals
· Deep technical understanding of analytical systems and consulting services delivery
· Proven consultative skills including dynamic “front of room” capability
· Ability to align business needs to technical solutions that deliver high-value business outcome
· Proven presales and solution delivery experience
· Ability to cultivate customer and account team relationships
· Knowledge of the larger competitive landscape and technology trends
The Principal Consultant will work from a virtual (home) office with considerable time required onsite with customer(s) throughout the US and Canada. 75% travelrequired.
Virtual office (home location) in proximity to a major US Airport preferred.
· Five or more years of more of Services Sales/Pre-sales experience
· Ten or more years of operational or technical data management platform implementation experience
· Strong understanding of Data Warehouse and Analytics Ecosystem architecture
· Functional knowledge of core analytics capabilities such as data acquisition & integration, governance, end user reporting, and advanced analytics
· Experience with data management technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL, or other Big Data environments
· Proven capabilities in data platforms and processing technologies using Teradata, DB2, Oracle, Hadoop, Spark, etc. and experience with third party data integration and BI tools like COGNOS, Business Objects, Informatica, etc.
· Proven record of providing software solutions to global companies utilizing heterogeneous applications/platforms.
· Significant experiencesupporting analytics applications and working alongside advanced analytics professionals
· Client interface and consulting skills required, with special focus on clear communications
· BS in Computer Science, or comparable experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• MBA, Masters in CS, Analytics, or other related advanced degree program
· Experience working on the Client side in an Architect and/or Technical IT Management role
· Relationships with existing or prospective Think Big Analytic clients
• Previous Solution Architect experience at an analytics hardware and/or software company
• Hands-on working knowledge with the Teradata RDBMS, including workload
management, performance optimization, and platform performance troubleshooting
• Hands-on experience with developing predictive analytics & machine learning
• Hands-on experience with emerging technologies such as Spark or TensorFlow
• Experience in executive communication sessions
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.