At Liberty Mutual Insurance, we believe progress happens when people feel secure. Our Cybersecurity Specialists form a diverse team of security professionals who are collectively responsible for improving the overall security posture of the organization. They evaluate and manage risks, test the effectiveness and completeness of security controls, and partner with teams across the company to optimize our security posture while ensuring the business is able to innovate. Cybersecurity specialists must continually adapt to stay ahead of a dynamic threat landscape. We are expected to continually learn and grow. This is not a passive career opportunity, but rather one that requires a passion for security and rigor to protect our business.
In this role, you will work with cutting-edge security solutions that are located within Liberty Mutual physical data centers and cloud environments. You will have the opportunity to manage, develop, deploy, and support security solutions globally to include regional data centers, Liberty Mutual local offices, and cloud environments, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. .
You will also have the opportunity to support security application development initiatives requiring innovation, automation, and integration. This customer focused role supports enterprise asset, perimeter, and vulnerability discovery services and products. This role will also support security incidents, service delivery, technology configuration and lifecycle, and technical security investigations and forensic collection.
You would be a senior member of an agile team that is focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
About the job:
- Develops and executes vulnerability discovery and identification techniques and strategies to provide visibility to vulnerabilities and weaknesses for the organization.
- Participates in providing awareness, contextualization, baseline priority, and report information and metrics on vulnerabilities for the organization.
- Lead the assessment, prioritization, and tracking of vulnerability remediation.
- Lead in developing strategies to address critical and pervasive vulnerabilities and issues.
- Ensure effectiveness and facilitate remediation on control failures, and provide guidance, policy, and oversight of vulnerability management controls for the organization.
- Participates in enhancing the vulnerability management program through the development of new capabilities, visibility, automation, and efficiency & effectiveness improvements.
- Reviews the development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Consults with client and development area management and staff in the design and implementation of new or modified information security processes.
- Investigates and recommends appropriate corrective actions for information security incidents and is knowledgeable in forensic investigations, data recovery and the handling of digital evidence.
- Acts as a liaison to the product groups and assists them in the implementation of security technologies and applications security. Works in conjunction with technical counterparts to remediate audit and security findings.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred. Generally 8+ years of professional experience.
- Proficient in many, expert in some security, risk and compliance concepts, processes, as well as able to design new patterns and highly capable of executing on those new patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of new and emerging technologies, proficient with IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills; able to adapt and respond quickly to change; highly developed oral and written communication skills; able to present to senior management. Highly effective consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
- Able to effectively collaboration with all levels of the organization.