: United States-California-San DiegoUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesRelocation Assistance: No relocation assistance availableClearance Type: Top Secret
: 1st Shift
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Cyber Information Systems Security Analyst to join the Information Security team in San Diego, CA. The Cyber Security organization has overall responsibility for providing information security oversight to all Northrop Grumman classified systems under their respective purview.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6-3), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of requiredreports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Master's degree with 3 years of experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience is required
- Must have a current DoD 8570 IAM Level 2, or IAM Level 3, security certification (examples: CAP, CASP CE, CISM, GSLC, CISSP, or CISSP Associate); OR must have the ability to obtain and maintain one within 6 months of start date
- Candidates must have a current DOD Top Secret level clearance in order to be considered
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, a CISSP, and 6 years of RMF experience in both DSS and JSIG environments
- Extensive technical expertise with auditing, using the SPLUNK application, is highly desirable
- Knowledge of relevant security tools (e.g. Purile, DISA STIG/SCAP, ACAS/SecurityCenter w/Nessus) would be nice to have
- Experience executing the requirements in the JSIG, DAAPM, or ICD 503
- Current SCI access level would be highly desirable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.