Halfaker and Associates, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Digital Services, Data Analytics, Cyber Security and Cloud Services to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Our strong focus on internal culture has helped Halfaker achieve several workplace awards including Great Place to Work Certification™ and Tampa Bay Top Workplaces. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Principal Cyber Engineer (WASA) to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Knowledge of penetration testing tools, such as Burpsuite, nMap, AppScan, etc., and how to properly utilize them
- Will be required to scan, monitor and report on system vulnerabilities
- Will work closely with the Information Security Office in securing user, software and network assets for appropriate use and enterprise wide protection
- Knowledge of Penetration/web assessment methodologies, and what tools to use during each phase
- Must be able to plan, recommend, and deploy security countermeasures
- Able to utilize cyber security industry standard methods in providing recommendations to secure systems
- Knowledge of implementation and security levels and roles necessary for successful application deployment
- Must Stay abreast of current cybersecurity trends relevant to the client's business and system security
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to learn new cybersecurity techniques
- Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Extensive knowledge in applying penetration testing techniques and methods
- Extensive knowledge in intrusion detection and web application penetration testing, as well as reporting
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills are required
- Skills in working with various teams (ISOs, PMs, developers, etc.) to explain findings and make recommendations to remediate findings.
- Knowledgeable in NIST 800-series special publications, such as 800-53 and 800-37
- Knowledge and experience in cybersecurity and penetration testing tools, Network topologies
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or engineering discipline preferred
- 10 years relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 10 years of relevant experience required
Halfaker and Associates, LLC, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.