Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the property and casualty insurance industry. Our software offers property and casualty insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that's a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks.
We are looking for an accomplished product management professional to join our Cloud solutions team. In this role you will work with a global product team spanning P&C insurance domain experts, UX design and engineering to drive ourcloud product definition and delivery, from ideation through successful adoption by Guidewire customers.
This role requires a well-rounded individual and someone capable of going into depth on a range of topics relevant to the domain. Success at Guidewire is someone who can distill complex problem landscapes into actionable work, and then lead a cross-functional team to get it done.
This position is located at Guidewire corporate headquarters in San Mateo, California.
What you get to do in this role
- Ensure that product requirements and outcomes are clearly defined and well articulated.
- Successfully make tough prioritization decisions and maintain the product roadmap, balancing the need to hit a high qualitybar with product advancements that range from small expansions to new innovation.
- Collaborate directly with a product development team to successfully deliver compelling cloud products.
- Live and breathe data-driven customer insights to hone a strong vision on how to enable the next generation of P&C solutions.
- Demonstrate a bias towards action about what can be done near term to improve the product and push Guidewire forward, but also switch to be able to step back and align to the big picture of how we succeed in the market.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of product management experience at a commercial enterprise software company.
- 2+ years of experience in managing cloud-native business applications.
- Proven experience in an enterprise CRM space
- Deep and demonstrated experience with highly configurable enterprise software products and solutions.
- Strong business acumen and ability to both plan and drive the achievement of revenue targets across the product portfolio.
- Proven ability to merge attention to product detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives.
- Keen understanding and appreciation for the business value of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to make complex concepts simple and understandable, and present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives.
- Track record of successfully managing ambiguity and maintaining a focus on high leverage activities - i.e. taking in a lot of input and conflicting requests while still moving forward at a fast pace.
- BA/BS required. MBA is desirable.