Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Support development, maintenance, update, evaluation, and tracking of materials and activities related to all cost estimating activities for the director.
- Support development, review, and update of all cost related tasks/suspenses. Develop, review, track, and coordinate cost related staff packages and action items.
- Assist the Government Program Office with Cost Estimating/Analysis Execution:Develop, maintain, update and deliver fully documented and well supported cost estimates for Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAPs) and non-MDAPs IAW applicable program Cost Analysis Requirements Document (CARD) and DoD, NSS, Air Force and SMC regulations; assess risk and schedule; align Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) IAW SMC instructions; develop Program WBS (PWBS) and ensure compliance with OSC/CAPE requirements; use prescribed standardized/specialized software applications such as ACE-IT, SEER, and PRICE; and, apply data from a Government-approved published database such as the Unmanned Spacecraft Cost Model (USCM).
- Support and attend Government/Prime Contractor meetings for information gathering purposes to assist the government in assessing cost estimates.
- Support development, creation, integration, and correlation of briefings charts.
- Support, develop, maintain, and update cost estimates such as Program Office Estimate (POE), Single Best Estimate (SBE), non-MDAP Independent Cost Estimates (ICEs), Independent Cost Analyses (ICAs), Sufficiency Reviews (SRs), Cost Excursions, Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) (to include estimates within the Comprehensive Cost and Requirement (CCaR) System), Service Cost Positions (SCPs), Program Executive Officer (PEO) Estimates in support of annual Program Objective Memorandum (POM) submissions, Should Cost Estimates, Independent Program Assessments (IPAs), Milestone Reviews and Interim Program Reviews. All products shall be delivered within the time specified by the government.
- Support all cost related activities within RFP reviews, Source Selections and Initial/Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
- Develop cost-related program inputs IAW 65-508 such as, but not limited to, Most Probable Cost Estimate, Should Cost/Will Cost Estimate, and Government Basis of Estimate (BOE), for government Shoulder-to-Shoulder activities with Program Contractors and solicitation activities such as Request for Proposals (RFPs), Acquisition Strategy Plans (ASPs) and Source Selections; and, annual execution plans within the Comprehensive Costs and Requirements (CCaR) System.
- Create Business Case Analyses, Cost-Benefit Analyses, market surveys, Economic Analyses, or other related analysis IAW mandated government regulations. Assess acquisition planning documents. Record results.
- Analyze Program Contractor cost estimates to ensure consistency with Government cost estimating procedures; analyze the Program Contractor's BOE, risks and crosscheck major WBS elements or cost drivers IAW DoD, AF and SMC requirements; record analysis results.
- Support the preparation of Program Office CARDs ensuring completeness and consistency with other program documents.
- Provide cost related support to accomplish required Acquisition Reporting, to include, but not limited, to the Monthly Acquisition Report (MAR), the Selected Acquisition Report (SAR), Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES), Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) and Program Management Reviews (PMRs).
- As required, incorporate division-level inputs for the directorate-level award fee process, letters and briefings.
- Communicate regularly with division senior leadership.
- Institute quality control measures, report results, and conduct process improvement initiatives as needed.
- As workload allows, participate with and support the local chapters of the International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA) and Space Systems Cost Analysis Group (SSCAG).Additional duties as assigned.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience performing cost estimating activities for aircraft and/or spacecraft applications in the commercial, industrial, government agencies, (only NASA, MDA, NRO, FAA, NGA, DOE), and/or military arena/DoD, of which Five years shall include duties/assignments specifically in support of space and/or ground systems that support/tracks space programs. Space programs are defined as systems that pass above earth's atmosphere.
- Experience required using standardized and specialized software applications such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACE-IT).
- At a minimum, five (5) years of ACE-IT experience
- At a minimum, five (5) Unmanned Space Vehicle Cost Model(USCM) and or/other Space/Ground System related databases
- At a minimum, five (5) SEER SEM
- At a minimum, five (5) years of Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Master's degree relevant to their area of expertise limited to the following: Management, Business, Economics, Finance, Operations Research Analyst, Accounting, Mathematics, Science, Technology, Engineering, Statistics, or Cost Estimating/Analysis. At least three-semester units of calculus is required for cost estimating positions.