Job Description Summary
Responsible for translating business requirements into specific system, application or process designs, including working with business personnel and executives to identify functional requirements and in developing business justification.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
· 10 years + technology, data, application architecture experience with retail and/or commercial banking systems
· Firm understanding of mainframe architecture and associate application design patterns.
· 5+ years of working knowledge of core banking applications and associated back office applications. Experience with Systematics, Pep+ and AFS is desirable.
· Middleware technologies – CICS, Xpress, Web Services (SOAP and REST), API gateways, ESB
· Experience with API driven architectures and building microservices.
· Leads the development of solution architecture processes and standards.
· Supports Bank efforts to modernize core banking applications.
· Partners with business units and IT stakeholders to ensure technical solutions fit business needs
· Continuously improves technical knowledge and expertise of assigned suite of applications via design and architecture review
· Maintains current awareness of industry standards, innovations and industry best practices applicable to assigned applications
· Build and maintain relationships with internal Bank staff (IT and business) and external parties (vendors, etc.) to further the achievement of our architectural goals and objectives
· Promotes cross training and knowledge transfer among IT staff
· Good communication skills – written and verbal. Able to create architecture artifacts that are understood and easily applied by project teams.
· Collaborates with projects and the solution delivery teams to define solution architectures
· Architecture Governance
· Provides guidance for adherence to the documented enterprise, application and architecture principles
· Performs reviews of all new and existing applications and system modifications to promote scalability and business continuity through designs prior to deployment
· Approve design documentation produced by project team.
· Architecture certifications (e.g. TOGAF) are highly desired