The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas and Austin, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and implementing solutions that control dynamic systems, such as fast steering mirrors
- Ability to architect and model controls system designs for system stability to support sensor systems
- Expert in METLAB & Simulink Control Design Software or equivalent
- Definition of control algorithms and selection of components
- Understanding of gyros, IMUs, feedback/control loop design, sensors, detectors and motors
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Analyze designs as necessary
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Participates heavily in preparation of the more complex and significant proposals
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
- May mentor and coach the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers
- Involved with the analysis, design, development and implementation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems. May include Architectural Design, Requirements Engineering, or others. Determines system specifications. Supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).
Job Responsibilities Part II
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 8 years of experience Mastery of technologies and domain knowledge
- Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
Taking care of our people is a top priority at Leonardo DRS. We are proud to offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a company contribution to a health savings account, telemedicine, life and disability insurance, legal insurance, and a 401(k) savings plan. We champion wellness programs that focus on physical, emotional, and financial well-being. We develop our talent by offering programs and activities to support career-growth, professional development, and skill enhancement. And we understand there is more to life than work, and the importance of offering flexible work schedules with our 9/80 program, competitive vacation, health/emergency leave, paid parental leave, and community service hours.
*Some employees are eligible for limited benefits only
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.