Job Description:Job Description
Fidelity Labs is seeking an experienced, customer-focused Principal Content Designer to work across multiple teams, looking to develop the next generation of financial products and services.
At Fidelity Labs, we don't accept the status quo. We're debating, experimenting, researching, teaching, and collaborating on new ideas to help people live better financial lives. We have dedicated multi-functional teams that operate like startups, but have the backing and resources of Fidelity to ensure that we are able to focus on customer-centric approach to problem solving, with a focus on rapid experimentation, and the permission to fail.The Team
The Principal Content Designer is a key member of the Labs team, playing an important role in the strategy and development of new products through collaborative writing and designing, as well as concepting and wireframing new products and customer support content to be developed and delivered to happy customers. This role calls for a strong individual contributor, equally comfortable whiteboarding and concepting new features with the team as with putting on headphones and cranking out appealing, intuitive content and user experiences.
As part of two tight-knit teams, Fidelity Stock Transfer and Fidelity Shoobx, the Principal Content Designer is passionate about understanding customers' needs and addressing them with innovative solutions. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator who loves what they do and brings a creative, dynamic, collaborative spirit to their work every day. An impassioned advocate for the end user, with proven attention to detail, they live for interactive design, have a strong individual work ethic, and strive to produce work at the highest quality standards and habitually absorb design knowledge and trends.The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- BA/BS degree in English, creative writing, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience participating in the full product development lifecycle of web, mobile, and/or software applications
- 4-8 years of work experience in some combination of content design, content strategy, copywriting, or similar role in a related field
- The ability to reciprocally partner with peers (researchers, design directors, content strategists, product managers) to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors-and translate them into deliverable tasks
- Experience contributing content to the appropriate design artifacts such as production-ready designs, supporting information architecture, team and client communication, and instructional documentation
- Experience using content and style guidelines and in a detailed and consistent manner
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools
- Proven expertise with Figma, JIRA, Confluence, and MS Office
The Value You Deliver
- Good listening skills, with the ability to communicate content design rationale to key partners outside of the design team (such as business, legal, technology teams)
- Formal observation of customer and user feedback sessions, contextual research, and usability tests
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Agile is not necessary, but a plus
- Ability to self-manage time and tasks
- Solid attention to detail and a systematic approach to applying a design library
- Clear and compelling writing sense grounded in compassion and thoughtfulness
- Demonstrate to others 'how' and 'why' content decisions are made
- Ability to collaborate with engineering, operations, customer success and technology partners to ensure that code is being built as designed during projects
- A sense of humor!
- The powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform better than our competition
- Bringing business ideas to life through storytelling, writing, and professional communication
- Helping our team deliver valuable experiences to our customers
- Inspiring and facilitating idea generation techniques
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
- Sharing your expertise with a design team that wants to develop their skills to be the best in the industry
N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
$103,000 - $137,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.Join Us
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling "Dynamic Working". Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations [redacted], or by calling [redacted], prompt 2, option 3.At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry
. Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a background investigation and may be asked to provide additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history, depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law, Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana), cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.