OST is seeking a Principal Consultant to join our growing Professional Services Organization. The OST Principal is a high-level performer with the ability to successfully build customer relationships, guide, and shape business value through the execution of high-quality consulting service efforts. They provide a perspective for our customers evolving relevance, scale and shape conversations by selling and developing trusted relationships that fulfill their needs across four areas: value selling, delivery guidance and strategic guidance which leads to Digital Transformation and growth, thought leadership that establishes OST key points of view for customers and colleagues, and team leadership through mentorship and collaboration.
As experienced consulting professionals, Principal Consultants serve as trusted partners - using experience, data, insights and industry knowledge of OST service offerings to helps organizations and leaders navigate today’s digital landscape for lasting competitive advantage. They lead business transformation driven by disruptive technology and digital experiences.
In this role, you will be a results-driven, customer-focused, strategic, value-oriented and conceptual thinking consultant. Your broad understanding and experience analyzing business challenges, technological systems, customer and consumer profiles, products, services and market conditions allows you to develop and present comprehensive solutions. You excel at building relationships with executive and director level leaders across the business. You will be able to identify the core business challenges organizations are trying to solve. You will connect and articulate technology and cultural needs with measurable business value. You will provide visionary and strategic insights to both our clients and our OST technical consulting teams.
Additionally, we seek a Principal consultant with a successful, proven track record of enterprise level eCommerce leadership to guide our clients as they seek next generation digital touchpoints, products and services. Along with our Principals team, you will help organizations and executives execute an approach to digital commerce that evolves and grows their business and operational models. You will set the vision and guide OST consultants while coaching and guiding those companies to become fluent through their systems, organization and processes.
- Provide leadership at OST from your knowledge, mentorship and insights gained in client scenarios aligned to OST values.
- Drive project environments and initiatives with a sense of team building and leanring.
- Mentor to peers and colleagues at OST, with an openness of being mentored.
- Demonstrate Strategic Thinking that enables customers to digitally transform their organizations.
- Provide expertise and leadership to expand OST - IP, Partner Networks and Industry Profile
- Process Champion that best fit our client scenarios and to strengthen the quality of our services.
- Evangelist for current and emerging points of view and OST people and capabilities.
- Help develop points of view on addressing industry challenges, leveraging cutting edge digital capabilities and helping structure and deliver solutions to clients.
- Evangelize the value of OST inside and outside the company!
- Be the trusted technical advisor to clients, responsible for shaping discussion around business challenges, defining and presenting the optimal solution and ensuring that the solution is transitioned to the appropriate technical delivery consultants.
- Manage the relationship with clients and translate customer requests and ideas into a formal statement of work.
- Collaborate with Account Executives and technical delivery practices to quickly and accurately complete Scoping Documents, Business Case, ROI, SOW’s and other technical deliverables in the sales process to drive topline sales.
- Perform strategic business and financial analysis in support of opportunities.
- Provide the overall vision of the project solution and be the link between the needs of the client and the technical and project management teams.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other consultants within the organization, building technical and consulting capabilities
- Comfortable with ambiguous situations and/or conversations and understands how to provide clarity to clients and consultants
- Provide single-threaded and cross-functional resourcing input, including expanding/contracting (share resources with other teams) team to meet demand
- Conduct executive presentations, blogs, webinars, speaking opportunities, whitepapers, facilitate meetings, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships in order to understand their business, products, and positioning in the marketplace.
- Exemplify servant leadership characteristics, and lead in a way that our success is your success.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Design or related field. Master’s degree in business preferred. Possess a balance of technical skills, functional knowledge, and client consultative skills.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with substantial involvement in business transformation, business strategy implementation, and technology, design, and implementation within large enterprise environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience successfully leading large integrated projects across multiple business and technology groups.
- A broad enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for goals, strategy, objectives and capabilities, and understanding of how technology supports the business.
- Depth in a technical environment; Design, Software, Infrastructure and IT highly recommended. Design thinking experience highly encouraged. Data and Digital Marketing experience also encouraged.
- Demonstrated knowledge in architecture, order management, Product Information management, CRM and ERP integrations into an eCommerce environment and ability to guide leaders and executives of our clients on the correct approach.
- Demonstrated success in consultative/complex sales processes with proven success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior customer executives that drive key decisions and implementation; previous OEM experience a plus.
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Demonstrated thought leadership skills in an area of specialization such as design, software development, data analytics and/or enterprise technology.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong decision-making orientation with the ability to effectively and persuasively present information/point of view to leaders and employees.
- Ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization.
- Personal characteristics include an entrepreneurial spirit, a belief in servant leadership, proven collaboration skills, and positivity; commitment to fellow team members, client satisfaction and to the delivery of world-class technology solutions.
- Experience in working with senior business stakeholders in designing solution options.
- Flexibility, patience, and an understanding of fluid demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly, and methodologies are challenged.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.