- Act as the Subject Matter Expert in the eCommerce domain to facilitate workshops and create high-quality user stories.
- Build a strong awareness of client needs and potential opportunities to expand project scope and further enhance business engagement.
- Develop artifacts to drive discussion during workshops to ensure that all business needs are captured in requirements.
- Manage the backlog during the implementation phase and guiding clients on scope-creep and change management.
- Contribute during all phases of the development cycle (analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment).
- Working with Technical Lead to document, define and share detailed business requirements of critical and complex custom-designed, digital commerce applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies.
- Function independently and within distributed teams.
- Be a project leader when one is needed, including playing the role of Agile Project Manager if required.
- Potential line management of local consultants and business analysts, depending on nature of engagements
- 5+ years as eCommerce business analysis experience, either within a consultancy or the online division of an established retailer.
- Experience working with functional and nonfunctional requirements for software development and/or integration projects.
- Experience with UI/UX research.
- Exceptional presentation, listening, written and verbal communication skills with an ability to hit the ground running at client sites and to rapidly establish rapport with the client.
- Experience of collaborating with remote/offshore development teams.
- Willingness to travel to client sites up to ~50%.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology, including user story creation.
- Experience working as a professional consultant. Bonus points if you’ve been the primary point of contact with clients.
- Strong understanding of capabilities and limitations of programming languages, middleware solutions, application servers and presentation layer tools.
- Familiarity with testing methodologies.