ERM is seeking a motivated, hands-on Principal Consultant to join our growing team in Anchorage, AK and help shape a sustainable future with some of the world’s leading organizations.
The successful candidate will lead oil & gas, mining, infrastructure, and other projects managing and performing work involving landfill / solid waste sites, contaminated sites, regulatory compliance, resource development, infrastructure construction, and spill response and prevention projects in Alaska.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and assure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Look after project staff: their safety, well-being, and development.
- Provide innovative solutions to client challenges.
- Direct projects and develop plans, permits, procedures, and reports for contaminated sites, hazardous waste management, spill prevention, and impact assessment and planning projects.
- Manage and provide compliance, quality, and regulatory support for and at client facilities.
- Manage and provide support for infrastructure project studies and permitting.
- Delegate project assignments to project team members and mentor junior consultants.
- Develop business with new and existing clients.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development efforts with existing clients and identified leads.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with ERM employees, clients, and subcontractors.
- Bachelors or Masters’ Degree in engineering or natural/environmental sciences.
- 12+ years of environmental compliance/consulting experience.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, and client oriented.
- Familiarity with federal and Alaska state environmental regulations.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Experience leading and overseeing environmental field work and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- Strong commitment to safety, including implementing Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidates with Arctic and permafrost experience preferred.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.