- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver financial results to grow opportunities across ERM’s M&A Solutions Services technical community lines [e.g., EHS due diligence for M&A and project financing, carbon and energy due diligence, post-merger integration, management system gap analysis and benchmarking, sustainability assessments, deal negotiation support].
- Serve as a key member of the "core" leadership team to drive double-digit profitable growth of ERM’s M&A Solutions Services technical community in Manhattan or other ERM US location.
- As a senior “seller/doer,” contribute to business development of ERM’s global M&A Solutions service area. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the regional M&A Solutions Services market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Direct and develop complex due diligence projects involving multi-site portfolios and multi-person project teams locally, nationally, and globally. Manage due diligence assessments consistent with ASTM Phase I standards and other global protocols, and including broad-based compliance assessments at industrial and commercial facilities.
- Help clients with internal processes for managing transaction risks. Work with clients to find solutions to transaction-driven environmental issues, including EHS compliance, remediation, portfolio issues, Brownfields, and liability cost estimating.
- Prepare concise reports that assess potential environmental liability risks, compliance and operational status.
- Sell and manage other service lines related to transactions. Leverage the Mergers & Acquisitions role to provide services related to site remediation, compliance, management systems, outsourcing, integration support, among others.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of local technical team.
- Collaborate and coordinate with ERM offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa regions.
This position offers fast-track career development potential for a motivated self-starter with strong technical, people management, and client interaction and development skills.
- BS in engineering, science, business, or related discipline; professional registration preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience managing complex environmental due diligence projects for multinational corporations, financial institutions, and their legal counsel.
- Proven business development experience for large portfolios/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts with corporate executives, attorneys, investment bankers, and/or private equity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and book personal sales in new M&A Solutions consulting services.
- Knowledgeable of issues within ERM’s key client sectors, including oil and gas, chemical, manufacturing, technology, and redevelopment.
- Well versed in environmental risk, environmental compliance, health & safety compliance, remediation liabilities, as they relate to transaction agreements.
- Possess fundamental working knowledge of site investigation and characterization concepts of Phase II projects.
- Experience estimating the costs of environmental compliance and remediation liabilities.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Recognized technical expertise by the marketplace.