Waters Corporation is currently leading a search for a Principal Training and Development Specialist, Informatics to join our Global Services Education team. In this role, the Principal Training and Development Specialist will lead activities involved in designing, developing, and delivering engaging and impactful training curricula for Waters services personnel in support of Waters delivering world renowned service.
The Principal Consultant, Informatics Training Development & Readiness Specialist will lead activities associated with design, development, and delivery of engaging impactful training courses for Waters services personnel in support of Waters delivering world-renowned services.
- Lead global curriculum development for Waters Informatics products, and design comprehensive learning paths for Waters services personnel that are captured in the LMS.
- Identify required competencies/skills and design and develop courses that are part of a formal certification strategy, and ensure associated blended learning activities enable customer success throughout the complete customer experience.
- Deliver technical training courses to services personnel, evaluate and report on course attendees, and review and respond to attendees’ course assessments.
- Facilitate global collaboration of services trainers and trainees, and host round-table discussions with instructors and customer representatives.
- Assess training needs in terms of product, learner, and business requirements. Identify intended audiences, perform task analyses, and define learning objectives.
- Identify any training that is currently delivered and consolidate the information to ensure a global consistent approach to training materials and delivery.
- Capture best practices and ensure consistency of course delivery by performing in situ audits of global training activities.
- Participate in the Waters Product Development Process by creating training plans for new products, and act as an in-house advocate for field-based instructors. This includes aligning training deliverables with product release.
- Pilot new training programs by delivering courses to representative/intended audiences, and conduct train-the-trainer activities to enable field-based delivery.
- Implement evaluation strategies for new courses. Continually monitor training effectiveness, and make improvements to prior work.
- Foster constructive and cooperative working relationships with marketing, professional services, service support, and services engineering groups.
- Maintain technical knowledge and instructional design acumen, and present to colleagues on select topics.
- Mentor new Training & Development Specialists to comply with Waters Quality Systems, Good Laboratory Practices, and Environmental Health & Safety standards.
- Represent Global Services Education by participating on Waters Global Services project teams and attend services meetings to present on training developments.
- BS/BSc or higher in analytical chemistry, biology, or related science; MS/MSc or PhD is beneficial.
- 8+ years of work experience specializing in use of laboratory informatics within the pharmaceutical, clinical, fine chemical, or food/environmental industry.
- Prior experienceworking with Waters Empower Enterprise, NuGenesis LMS and/or UNIFI Network is required.
- 5+ years of experience developing and/or delivering technical training courses
- Prior project management experience is beneficial.
- Ability to influence non-direct reports and lead cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse employees across global locations.