Northeast BU has many on-going and up-coming CSM and IAP projects in need ofsenior leadership
ERM is seeking a motivated and seasoned Principal Consultant - Environmental Regulatory Specialist to join our growing team in Boston, MA or Providence, RI.
The successful candidate will provide technical and strategic guidance on a variety of environmental impact assessment and licensing/permitting projects to support our oil & gas, power, and other industrial clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced career professional to join a growing and exciting technical team, with the opportunity to build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
- Perform multi-media permitting and compliance associated with development projects with an emphasis on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and State Water Resource permitting.
- Provide technical assistance on NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients’ domestic and international development projects (e.g., oil and gas, power generation, electrical transmission, renewable/alternative energy, and Brownfields projects). Conduct tasks related to environmental impact assessment, land use planning, facility siting and permitting, risk assessment, and water resources management.
- Lead the preparation of EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA and other applicable federal, state, and local requirements. Perform project delivery activities such as report writing, undertaking and organizing data collection, performing data and literature review, and developing recommendations for clients.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, and clients during field activities.
- Conduct, lead and manage wetland delineations and habitat assessments to support permitting on projects.
- BS in wetland or soil science, environmental science, or related discipline; MS preferred.
- Ten to 12 years of licensing and permitting experience, including strong project experience in oil & gas, power/utility or similar industries.
- Experience assisting clients in obtaining multi-media permits and approvals for new or expanded facilities.
- High degree of technical competence and knowledge of NEPA regulations and policies. FERC experience is a plus.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attributes to successfully mentor junior team members – team player, excellent people skills, self-starter who takes initiative; must be versatile, used to working in a fast-paced environment, and service-oriented.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.