Working as a member of Domo's Client Services team, the Principal Consultant is expected to oversee and drive tocompletion enterprise services programs covering a wide variety of areas including solution architecture & strategy, implementation, and adoption. The Principal Consultant will gain an understanding of both the client's business andtechnical requirements in order to drive highly complex and scalable solutions. The Principal Consultant will also work collaboratively with Domo's sales and technical teams to lead the design and delivery of proposed solutionsto meet customer needs.
This position requires working onsite with clients a majority of the time. When not onsite, the Consultant willtelecommute and travel to Domo HQ as necessary. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years ofexperience working hands-on with data in a software consulting role. This individual will join an enthusiastic, fast-paced and dynamic team at Domo. A successful candidate will have demonstrated sustained exceptional performance, innovation, creativity, insight, good judgment.
- Program manages strategic engagements working with executives, end-users, technical analysts, and applicationdesigners to define the data requirements and structure to answer key business questions and solve complex business problems.
- Establishes strong relationships with our client executives & stakeholders to serve as a trusted advisor and a Domo ambassador to our most strategic customers.
- Drives strategy and adoption of Domo within a customer's organization, in conjunction with the AccountExecutive, the Customer Success Manager, and customer executives.
- Lead discussions on customer data maturity, digital transformation, and functional/industry strategy while recommending appropriate solutions.
- Acquires deep expertise on the Domo platform to advise and train our customers on Domo's capabilities.
- Works with Domo consulting team to refine project(s) solution requirements and structure for ensured success.
- Collaborates with the Domo Product & engineering teams on key Customer product features, enhancements, andissues.
- Designs and optimizes complex data transformation (SQL) strategies.
- Designs models for the data warehouse or data mart (data structure, storage, and integration).
- Co-develop the data architecture/pipeline analysis, design, and build effort.
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions and integration of data into Domo's Platform.
- Consultation and mentoring customers on best practices and skills to drive greater self-sufficiency.
- Bridge the gap between business strategy and data architecture.
- 10+ years of experience creating business intelligence solutions.
- Extensive exposure to or direct SQL centric project work.
- Experience working with large data sets, data architecture, complex data pipelines, management and governance.
- Expertise with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. AWS, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB).
- Understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design - with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling, such as star and snowflake).
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and functions (e.g. vlook-up)
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to guide an audience through clear, concise communication and decision making.
- Experience managing project activities & teams and application of structured implementation projectmethodologies and tools.
- Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving and independently generate solutions using analytical skills andbusiness knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters change, creativity, and flexibility.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to varied requirements.
Nice to Have
- Experience or exposure to Domo software.
- Experience working with or exposure to APIs
- Experience with or exposure to scripting and big data technologies (Java, Python, R, Spark, Big Query, etc.)
- Experience defining scope and requirements for projects
- Experience with statistical methodologies.
- Experience with a wide variety of business data (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.)
- Experience with Large ERP systems (SAP, Oracle JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, etc.)
- Exposure to Data Science, Data Modeling and analytics