Principal Consultant - Clinical and Population Health Management Programs
The consulting workforce leverages combined people, process, and technology competencies to support large-scale, complex customer engagements; collaborates with Product, Infrastructure, and Security teams to configure solutions and deliver value to customers; acts as subject matter expert and trusted advisor in both practice and customer spaces; and works closely with engagement and practice leadership team to define strategic and tactical direction.
The Principal is responsible for driving customer value through client facing advisory and delivery services in support of HM Health Solutions product offerings. Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, playing key leadership role in practice area (providing knowledge, innovation, professional networks, and eminence), leading major engagements, leading pre-sales and sales activities, building key customer relationships, building and sharing institutional knowledge, and developing junior professionals.
This position is a Principal for the Clinical Practice focused on all areas of healthcare management including medical policy, utilization management, care management and wellness.
- Leads the delivery and execution of complex, large scale, multi-year (high cost, high complexity and/or high risk) enterprise transformation programs.
- Builds, shares, and maintains expertise in both practice area and client environment, regularly interface with Product, Infrastructure, and Security teams to deliver on customer commitments.
- Contributes to operational readiness, organizational change management, solution capability, packaging, and estimating, planning and delivery management.
- Designs and owns deliverable artifacts to deliver client value and meet contractual obligations.
- Leads major engagements projects to meet milestones on time, and to deliver with high quality and within agreed to budgets.
- Acts as senior leader in practice area, support pre-sales and sales activities.
- Performs personnel management responsibilities including, but not limited to involvement in hiring and termination decisions; coaching, mentoring, and professional development of practitioners; practitioner rewards and recognition; on-going performance management; and evaluation of staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree- Business Administration, Management Information Science, Health Administration, or relevant field.
- 10+ years' consulting/and or industry experience
- 7+ years healthcare/insurance industry experience
- 7+ yeartechnology platform delivery experience
- 7+ years program / project management experience
- 7+ years of clinical healthcare program experience across various commercial health plan and government lines of business (Medicare and Medicaid)
- Active clinical license.
- Experience engaging, influencing, and advising senior executive leaders
- Experience working in complex matrixed environments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Customer focus, results orientation, strategic thinking, change advocate, continuous improvement, talent development
- Demonstrated ability in financial management of engagements and / or large organizational units
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to build and sustain internal and customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, complex teams of professionals