AIM Consulting is seeking a Principal Consultant responsible for building a practice in application development. The candidate must be an expert software engineer practitioner passionate about code and capable of delivering solutions that are modern, holistic, scalable and sustainable. This position will also support sales efforts—contact introductions, pitches, estimation, presentation, and contract negotiation—to help the practice grow and be successful. As the practice evolves, the candidate will need to manage a team, mentor talent, and support career development for his/her practice consultants. The ideal candidate will be an evangelist for AIM Consulting overseeing thought leadership while building the brand through speaking opportunities relevant to the Practice.
This Principal must be a long-time resident with extensive professional experience in the Minneapolis / St. Paul marketplace with contacts and connections. Prior experience with a big name national or global consulting company is a plus and highly preferred.
AIM's approach to application development is team-centric and holistic, from architecture and design, to building high-quality, automated, cloud-enabled custom applications, to helping clients modernize their software development processes and methodologies. We have a highly flexible engagement model allowing clients to engage our experts in project-based solutions, through our managed services, as individual contributors or via distributed development team(s).
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for:
- Engagement Management: Ensure acceptance of proposed technical solutions from top management levels at the client, manage engagement delivery content and quality assurance, perform risk assessment and lead project planning from end-to-end.
- Business Development: Create compelling client proposals by performing thorough discovery sessions for identified opportunities for increasing AIM Consulting's service lines.
- Client Engagement: Manage C-Level client stakeholder relationships, expanding AIM Consulting's client portfolio in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area.
- Thought Leadership: Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry-leading conferences, hosting meet-ups, writing articles and white papers, and collaborating in brain-storming sessions for open-source projects.
- Practice Development: Play a critical role in building the Application Development Practice within the Minneapolis/St. Paul marketplace by way of:
- Practice Building – Assist in the overall growth of the practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery, and thought leadership
- Bench and Individual Development – Be a natural mentor to all Practice Consultants promoting an environment of continuous professional development
- Business Development – Lead Practice Business Development activities while working with recruiters, Practice Directors and AIM Consultant's Leadership team
You are an achievement-oriented software development leader with a strong desire for continued growth and leadership opportunities. You have excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills with a proven track record of client engagement satisfaction. You are driven to delivering excellent products and have a consistent high level of customer service.
- 10+ years of enterprise consulting experience as a SME in Application Development engagements involving architectures, patterns, technologies, frameworks and methodologies in a variety of environments
- 3+ years as a consultant owning delivery of projects for enterprise customers
- Able to estimate application development resources and timelines for engagements using proven methodologies while being excited about driving pre-sales solutions for customers
- A proponent of Lean and Agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe
- Passionate about software development in multiple languages, such as: Java/J2EE (Spring, Spring MVC, etc.) or .NET (C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, etc.), Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and services (AWS, Azure)
- Experience building out continuous integration environments
- Ability to help build prototypes and be curious about code reviews