Description of Position:
- Expertise to build a total end-to-end test infrastructure, from source to destination, using resources contained in a single lab or shared among multiple labs. Includes provisioning computers, loading with required software, and creating a test thread through an available networkinfrastructure.
- Conduct component and system integration testing according to test plan provided. Additionally, identify and execute additional testing, adding value to the test results.
- Properly document, according to the Government-defined standards, test procedures and results.
- Administrator (install, configure) level expertise using special purpose network devices, such as packet sniffers, SmartBits traffic generator, Broadway, Abacas, EMC Storage Area Network (SAN), and DCOSS.
- Provide technical recommendations to the DNT management and support team in maintaining the DNT lab IT architecture to mirror and keep current to all current Agency IT network structures.
- Conduct informal training in order to provide knowledge transfer to all testing team and eliminate single points of failure of task/function.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph required
- CCAs will not be considered
Education and Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a system administrator supporting Windows NT, Unix, and Linux
- Ten (10) years’ experience supporting network hardware, including bridges, switches, routers and gateways
- Ability to install, configure, and use personal security products to include host network-based firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Ten (10) years’ experience working in an IT engineering lab loading, installing, and maintaining COTS products
- Ten (10) years’ experience with networking protocols: TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP and DNS
- Five (5) years’ experience in C, Python, C++, or otherscriptinglanguages
- Ten (10) years’ experience conducting component and system integration level testing
- Source Code Triage – ability to read source code and identify the modules where issue exists
- Ability to write test plans
- Ability to write test cases