Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving. Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Our commitment to our Employees:
- Have an Impact: Join us and Day 1, play a role in shaping our digital transformation.
- Grow your Career: Our focus us helping you grow the core competencies to shape your technology career
- Work that Matters: We are a roadside business singularly focused on making sure our customers are quickly, safely and efficiently supported in their time of need.
POSITION SUMMARY: Transforms the application designs into a working application and performs unit testing. Develops multi-tier, client/server or web applications used by internal clients. Provides Tier 3 support for applications in production, working closely with Application Support Team. Projects may include cross-functional team members from across the business. Completes coding and testing of components or applications, including creation of test situations, unit testing and documenting application modifications.
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
- Serve as senior technical resource in development team's efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient.
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are implemented.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's Amazon Web Services (AWS) foundational footprint.
- Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements.
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS.
- Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS.
- Migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS using various tools including, but not limited to, AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development.
- Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project.
- May mentor less experienced technical staff.
- May use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree and/or 6-8 years of technical professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of AWS experience
- AWS Associate Level Certification desired
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, and testing in AWS architecture
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Services including:
- Management - CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager
- IaaS - EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier
- Data Management - Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Other - Server Migration, Storage Gateway
- Hands-on experiences with CloudFormation and Lambda
- Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (AWSCLI, CloudFormation, ...)
COMPLEXITY: Utilizes sound decision making skills and communicates well with other team members and business users. Identifies problems and recommends solutions. Performance will be measured by his/her ability to deliver quality applications on time.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works in a team environment, including cross-functional teams and teams with business users throughout the company.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Participates in meetings and conference calls with clients. Completes additional duties as required.