We are looking for a Principal Cloud Engineer with strong Big Data Platform experience to join our quickly growing technology team. Central to our model and overall organizational success, we develop capabilities to aggregate disparate datasets and create products and solutions to drive business decisions, enable the execution of business strategies, and measure business and clinical outcomes.
While this role will be dynamic in nature, specific responsibilities of the Principal Cloud Engineer will include:
- Accountability for Architecting and managing our Big Data, ML/DL/AI environments on cloud in a security-first fashion.
- Provide expertise and influence in the development of network and server infrastructure and support in operating our enterprise data architecture.
- Spearhead the development of internal data products.
- Embody and exemplify our devops culture.
- Manages technology strategy, direction, management, and support of big data analytics systems delivery.
- Provides expert technical consultation to senior management strategic planning groups.
- Leads development of solutions with high complexity and risk with business area implications.
- Develops business models to guide development of the architecture and manage standard technical products.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in Enterprise Systems administration (UNIX/Linux)
- 8+ years of relevant experienceworking with Big Data products. Specifically, in a hybrid-cloud environment.
- Recognized as an expert/thought leader within the company.
- Experience managing Agile application delivery process.
- Anticipates and solves highly complex problems with broad impact on a business area.
- Experience in a multi-cloud infrastructure environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in Cloud Networking (DNS, IPsec, Security Groups, VPN, Load Balancing)
- Experience designing cloud credential management solutions (IAM Roles, Azure RBAC )
- Experience with directory services (Active Directory, LDAP, Okta, OneLogin, etc.)
- Experience with a configuration management framework (Chef, Ansible, Puppet etc.)
- Proficiency in orchestrating and managing data platforms is strongly preferred Mesos, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Spark, Presto, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon EMR (or equivalent cloud offerings), Spark, Amazon Redshift (or equivalent cloud offerings) and PostgreSQL
- Experience in supporting Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Science and Big Data organizations
- Experience managing and operating a logging infrastructure (ELK stack preferred)
- Experience implementing an Infrastructure cloud monitoring and alerting using native cloud provider offerings or third parties such as DataDog, OpsGenie, etc.
- Exposure to a containers and container orchestrations is a plus
- Healthcare industry experiencepreferred but not required
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.