Principal Cloud DVR (CDVR) Engineer
ABOUT THE JOB
This position will be a member of the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of the video delivery ecosystem. This position will set the direction for a team of network and systems engineer in the design, development and implementation of the video distribution and delivery, including management of an array of video content deployed on a wide range of consumer devices.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Research, development and implementation of cloud and network DVR systems and technology for storing and delivering near infinite amounts of content.
- Lead the Cloud DVR software development team.
- Software development of cutting edge cloud DVR system based on industry leading storage technology.
- Drive industry on cost effective storage solutions, using technologies such as Object Storage
- Architecture and development of big data storage and analytics using tools such as Splunk, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc
- Complex algorithm development for capturing, recording, playing and deleting content in a vast storage system.
- System development, configuration and deployment of HTTP and Proxy Servers such as Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Architecture, development, engineering and testing of complex IP video delivery system utilizing Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Web Server technologies.
- Develop and promote industry leading standards
- Assist with writing formal requirements and specifications documents; drive vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software; building and documenting solutions.
- Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product.
- Work jointly with the Product and Technology development teams to innovate, integrate and identify/resolve issues.
- Design product instrumentation and test automation.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience software coding and scripting such as Go, Scala, Java, Python, PERL, Bash, etc.
- Deep experience working with XML and web service tools including SOAP and REST.
- Thorough understanding of cloud and object storage, including S3, Swift, Ceph, or Cleversafe.
- Experience with development and integration of HTTP Server and Proxy technologies such as HAProxy, Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of event sourcing and related storage technologies like Kafka.
- Deep knowledge of network technologies such as DNS, Anycast, etc.
- Experience with development and support of large scale production systems working within a 24x7 operations environment.
- Experience with rapid development and deployment environments that practice continuous integration and development, Agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to work independently but also within a team environment including being technical lead.
- Creative problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of industry related engineering experience.