Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 166 days ago
U.S. Bank is seeking an experienced Principal Cloud Automation Engineer with demonstrated competence and thought leadership capability to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. The Principal Cloud Automation Engineer is a critical role focused on implementing, managing, configuring, and monitoring Automated Private Cloud Datacenter Infrastructure. This role will be responsible for; requirements gathering, engineering, development, and implementation of automated infrastructure provisioning and deprovisioning of Private Cloud infrastructure, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) resources. This role will also assist in setting standards for hardware and software purchases and provide strategic direction for Cloud Management Platform.
Candidate will use their advanced Cloud Infrastructure and Automation engineering experience to conduct advanced problem diagnosis and resolution, system monitoring, error reporting, and system maintenance including creation and maintenance of system documentation and diagrams. This individual provides training to subordinate level infrastructure personnel and will use their demonstrated project management skills to regularly lead small to medium sized teams through the concept, planning, funding, design, development, implementation, documentation, and training phases of Cloud Automation Projects. They will be charged with completing projects in a timely and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with advanced automation development principals, cloud management design, virtualization, hyper-converged infrastructure, and DevOps principals. They will use their well-developed interpersonal and communication skills when writing proposals or papers while acting as vendor liaison, making presentations to customers, client audiences, or professional peers while working closely with upper management. Having a solid understanding of distributed computing environments and data center networking concepts will ensure success in this role.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 7-10 years progressively increasing experience in computer operations, development, networking, systems administration, and systems engineering
• Strong experience developing and deploying Enterprise Class Multi-Cloud Orchestration and Infrastructure Automation
• Experience automating IaaS and XaaS services with VMware vRealize Suite
• Experience with Configuration Management Concepts using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
• Demonstrated experience with Virtualization and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure technologies and platforms
• Strong understanding of data security considerations and best practices for various use cases
• Experience with developing technical design documentation and contributing in design decisions
• Familiarity with current systems technologies including server and networking
• Familiarity with current Programming and Source Control Management principles
• Familiarity with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform