Opportunity : Parsons Corporation provides comprehensive solutions to many of the world’s most complex water quality, supply, treatment, watershed, and wastewater infrastructure projects and has for more than 70 years. Our water services encompass planning and design, resource engineering, treatment systems, construction, program management, and alternative project delivery methods— such as design-build or construction management at risk. In addition, Parsons has effectively addressed supply, storm water, sedimentation, and flood control issues around the globe. When the challenge is water, the choice is Parsons. This position is located in our Metro Dallas ( Richardson), Texas office. Overview : Planning and design of water and wastewater projects in the DFW Metroplex and throughout Texas. Duties may include research and assistance with technical design memoranda, design of pipelines and collection or conveyance appurtenances (both new and rehabilitation) and alignment studies and evaluation, hydraulic studies, odor and corrosion control solutions. Analysis of environmental and permitting considerations, scheduling, cost estimating, preparation of drawings using Autocad Civil 3D, GIS or other specialized software, construction support and assistance with administrative and project management duties. Experience in water or wastewater treatment, and pump stations in Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is a plus. The engineer may help support preparation of proposals and other business development tasks and should have excellent interpersonal relations for client interfacing. Engineer will perform a variety of engineering tasks by applying standard engineering techniques and analyses within water and wastewater discipline. Typical assignments will entail planning and ability to carry out the approved plan with a minimum of direct supervision. Some assignments may involve CAD and other design applications. Responsibilities :
- Design and plan production for a wide variety of water and wastewater infrastructure (both new and rehabilitation) projects, including transmission, distribution, collection and trunk lines, lift/pumping stations, metering stations and treatment works and proven capability to collaborate with Engineers and otherengineering disciplines to ensure quality of design
- Perform hydraulic modeling of gravity and pressure pipeline systems. Prepare design calculations and draft technical memoranda
- Complete a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications and othercontract documents suitable for bidding and construction purposes.
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Support permitting and compliance with TCEQ design requirements, utility and SUE identification, coordination and mitigation, plats and easement documents.
- Prepares standard engineering computations, material quality takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs
- Review supplier drawing submittals and perform review of shop drawings during construction
- Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures as needed and as appropriate
- Function as a Technical Specialist or Project Lead on mid-size projects. Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project during day to day project work.
- Assist in training lower-level Designers in various procedures.
- Performs otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency. (Master’s Degree a plus, but not required)
- Licensed (PE) Professional Engineer. Will be required to obtain license in the State of Texas within six months of hire.
- Minimum 10 12 years of progressive experience in water/wastewater conveyance and facilities design preferably in Texas, but will consider experience from various states and regions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage client expectations and relationships
- Demonstrated experience in design of large diameter pipelines
- Treatment plants and tunneling experience a plus