Tracking Code230-916Job Description
At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
Our Children’s Hospitals practice is composed of a group of individuals who have dedicated their careers to healthcare consulting to children’s hospitals and pediatric organizations. We have helped our pediatric clients formulate fundamental organizational strategies to revise hospital/physician relationships, strengthen financial performance, improve clinical productivity, and enhance clinical and academic programs.
We are looking for a seasoned strategy consultant with Children’s Hospital experience. A Principal position at ECG is a significant leadership position in the firm. A Principal is on the path to becoming or has emerged as an industry thought leader capable of managing and selling complex engagements with superior client relationship management skills. The role of a Principal at ECG includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Participate in people development.
- Collaborate in the continued growth and development of the Children’s Hospital practice.
- Lead engagements and be the primary point of contact for the client.
- Manage multiple engagements and project teams.
- Contribute to firm growth by identifying and pursuing follow-on and new business opportunities.
- Play an integral role in the recruitment and development of staff consultants.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership on a national stage.
- Be a leader in the firm and contribute to the firm’s culture and success.
- Participate in firm and practice management.
- Market and sell 2+ million in consulting revenue.
- Outstanding drive, determination, and desire to be part of a growing elite-level consulting firm.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for Children’s Hospitals healthcare sector.
- Ten plus years of experience consulting to healthcare providers ideally serving Children’s Hospitals or pediatric organizations. While this level of experience does not need to be exclusive to Children’s, a demonstrated knowledge and deep understanding of the environment is essential. Consideration will also be given to years of experience as a senior executive of a Children’s Hospital combined with consulting experience.
- We are specifically interested in individuals with experience in enterprise strategy, service line strategy, physician alignment strategy, affiliations strategy, and/or facility and capital asset planning in the Children’s Hospital environment.
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems, directing and managing individuals, and completing challenging projects.
- Track record of managing multiple engagements, including work plans, deliverables, budgets and schedules, and accounts receivable.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in selling and managing engagements.
- Viewed as a thought leader through marketing activities such as networking with potential clients, participating in professional societies, and publishing and presenting thought leadership (white papers, speeches, and articles).
- Demonstrated focus on staff development, coaching, and retention, with a refined ability to provide constructive and timely feedback.
- Master’s degree in business administration and/or a health-related field; bachelor’s degree in business or a health-related field preferred.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to travel60%.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain deep client relationships.
ECG is a strategic consulting firm that is leading healthcare forward, using the knowledge and expertise built over the course of more than 4 decades to help clients see clearly where healthcare is going and to navigate toward success. We work as trusted, professional partners with hospitals, health systems, medical groups, and academic medical centers across the country. We thrive on delivering smart counsel and pragmatic solutions to the critical challenges facing healthcare providers. Client success is our primary objective. ECG’s national presence includes offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C.