Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a for a Synthetic Chemist with background skills the areas of polymer science and/or material science. This is an opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
The Synthetic Chemist will carry out state-of-the-art research toward the development of new materials for oil & gas well stimulation and enhanced oil recovery applications. While the emphasis for this position is synthesis, other desirable knowledge would be colloidal & interfacial science, fluid rheology and related techniques. The successful candidate will demonstrate full use and application of chemistry, project management, and other principles, theories and concepts. This role requires the ability to apply a fundamental understanding of synthetic chemistry to Oil & Gas industrial applications delivering unique and innovative solutions to customer needs. In addition, the scientist must flourish as part of a multidisciplinary team and be comfortable with the prospect of customer-facing meetings and presentations.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with divisional research scientists, marketers and other business leaders on new development projects and platforms
- Actively engage in development of new platforms that meet strategic business needs
- Develop and transfer polymer product concepts from inception to market test
- Interpret experimental data and communicate results clearly to peers and project teams in written reports and oral presentations
- Provide consulting on experimental design, mentoring, and work direction for junior lab scientists
- Maintain employee safety standards, including 6S lab standards
- Demonstrate ability to apply extensive expertise with significant breadth or depth utilizing complex chemistry engineering, project management, and other relevant theory and concepts, to assignments where precedents typically do not exist.
- Develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret incomplete information.
- Adapt problem solving approach to identify multiple solutions.
- Regularly demonstrate initiative and creativity in identifying and trying new and different approaches.
- Degree or Advanced degree in chemistry or related discipline.
- Degree/Experience: PhD and 2+ years related experience (Preferred) OR MS and 4+ years, OR BS and 6+ years
About Nalco Champion:
Discover how Nalco Champion helps fuel 550 million vehicles globally. Ecolab's Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world's toughest energy frontiers.