A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights, and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
This position is within Ecolab’s Global Clean in Place (CIP) RD&E team, which leads the global technology strategy and roadmap, and develops technology for deployment to markets. In this role, you will be responsible for leading innovation projects and technology development for the CIP application at Food & Beverage customers. This includes a range of activities including early ideation, concept development, technology screening and advancement, as well as project leadership.
What’s in it For You:
- Learn and build expertise about CIP technologies, customer process improvements, and customer food safety & quality across a variety of customer segments.
- Become an industry expert in novel technologies and applications.
- Collaborate with global researchers and build a strong professional network.
- Get to be associated with the industry leader in Food and Beverage.
- Publish patents thereby building a strong reputation in the industrial research community.
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage projects and technology development.
- Opportunity for long term career advancement and access to technologies, tools, and industry leading innovators.
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety, sustainability, inclusiveness, and performance.
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, and more!
What you will do:
- Adopt Ecolab’s safety culture through regular participation in safety initiatives and ongoing discussion and review of safety practices. Make safety a priority in all aspects and actively model safety leadership.
- Lead innovation projects that include lab work and field trials to develop and deploy new technologies at our customer’s manufacturing plants.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to clearly define the problem statement and project deliverables, collaborate with other researchers in RD&E organization to develop the offering, and run field trials to demonstrate technical fit and value proposition.
- Plans & performs research experiments, interprets data, and presents conclusions from research work related to assigned projects, both in the laboratory as well as customer’s manufacturing facilities.
- Literature searches to select and modify methods, procedures, and ideas most appropriate for research goals.
- Maintain detailed logs of work-related activities, including accurate laboratory records and data on research methods, procedures, and results. Document literature reviews, methods, and results through research and technical reports.
- Communicates effectively with the project team and the stakeholders about key developments on research projects.
- Establish effective working relationships with personnel in Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and other research groups in support of research efforts.
- Initiate and identify new and different approaches to solve customer problems.
- Generate new technology ideas, gather feedback from field team / customers about their emerging needs during field visits and work with marketing team to scope the opportunity.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of assigned areas of technology, keeping aware of current scientific trends and developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5 + years’ experience working in an R&D environment, including regular use of the scientific method, statistics, and design of experiment.
- 2+ years’ experience managing new product development projects, including team leadership and use of project management tools.
- 2+ years’ experience in at least two of the following areas: process optimization, process sensors, data analytics, formulation, test method design, and/or food & beverage processing.
- Advanced degree in scientific discipline.
- Experience in the Food & Beverage industry.
- 3+ years of relevant industrial experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong leadership presence with ability to represent business to senior managements, external organizations, and customers.
- A good team player, highly motivated and passionate about science.
- Experience in digital solutions for process optimization.
- Ability to support intellectual property filing and competitive IP review.
- Focused and driven while at the same time be agile and flexible to deliver the projects being assigned.