Job ID 553247BR
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Staff Platform Engineer -Capacity Planning & Performance Engineer within the Infrastructure Platform Engineering team will be tasked with working closely with the Platform Architecture Engineering, Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that all adopted technologies are properly developed, tested, documented, and ready to handle the performance workloads required by the business. This proven Capacity and Performance engineer should be a passionate technologist with proven track record with involving complex storage, networks and converged infrastructures and driving the application of industry accepted best practices to ensure a healthy balance between costs, growth and performance.
The position will require excellent technical experience in Enterprise Distributed storage, converged technologies, cloud capacity/performance management in addition the candidate must possess the ability to measure, model, monitor and fine-tune performance and efficiency bottlenecks of large scale IAAS and PAAS systems. This position also requires the ability to perform load tests and automation for hybrid cloud solutions.
- Analyze and identify the source of application performance deficiencies and coordinate necessary improvements with engineering and operational teams
- Assist engineering and operations team with determining data placement across disk arrays and cloud PODs
- Collect data from public, private and hybrid clouds and produce executive and operational lever reports to show the overall health of the environment
- Partner with team to ensure their participation in service-impacting events improve service performance and identify opportunities in the process life cycle
- Work closely with the Business units and storage suppliers to resolve storage related issues, providing technical leadership to ensure the necessary resources are engaged and that proper steps are being taken to effectively resolve the issue.
- Ensure Root Cause Analysis (RCA) are adequately performed and documented in a timely manner by suppliers.
- Experience with management, monitoring and reporting of technology of technology stack that includes, VMware, Microsoft, MEC, HP Open Stack etc
- Familiarity with REST APIs and SNMP usage and implementation
- Must possess solid skills in VMware vSphere Virtualization
- VMware SDDC (VSANs, vROPs, NSX)
- Cisco networks, Palo Alto load balancers, firewalls environments
- Solid experience with object oriented programming such as JASON
- Experience with Python
- Solid knowledge of database designs, data analytics, modeling and rationalization
- Good working knowledge of Service Now processes, process flows and integration with other toolsets
- Good working knowledge of Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- EMC XIO, VMAX, VNX, Isilon, Data Domain, Object Storage, NetApp NAS solutions,HP-P9500 storage subsystems,
- Accountable for evaluating the impact of proposed changes to Storage (either via projects, initiatives, or releases); identifying and evaluating risks and responses and making recommendations to engineering/operational team regarding data/application placement.
- Assist with managing product lifecycle and refresh programs – responsible for proper adhering to designated budgets, coordination and management of the deployment of lifecycle refreshes including organizing communication with the business segments for the implications of technology refreshes
- Strong automation experience – ability to drive the automation and digitization of workloads
- Responsible for measuring and reporting against platform and product performance – creating opportunities for improvement through data and focuses on infinite product and platform improvement
- PowerShell Scripting
- Ability to estimate level of effort and cost of engineering design
- Excellent hands-on experience with cloud capacity and performance management
- Participate in evaluating emerging technologies and making recommendations to management for acquisition
- Develop the strategies and plans for determining capacity and performance requirements across legacy storage subsystems and Disney Private Cloud (DPC).
- Establish KPIs relating to storage, network and Disney Private Cloud resources utilization and performance.
- Facilitate the escalation of performance issues with storage, network and compute suppliers and ensure issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Experience with performing capacity planning, performance analysis and tuning of private cloud and legacy storage infrastructure
- Experience with monitoring disk subsystems, network load balancers and Disney Private Cloud infrastructure to ensure the health of the overall environment
- Good understanding of public and private cloud deployments
- 8+ years experienceworking withinformation technologyinfrastructure with specific focus on storage technologies, CISCO Network, Palo Alto load balancers and firewalls.
- Experience with converged solutions that employ technology, VMware vSphere, vCenter, vOPS, vSANs and NSX
- 8+ years experience designing and architecting large-scale SAN environments
- 7+years’ experience working in an ITIL framework or six sigma organization
- Experience in defining Performance based KPIs for cloud services, storage and network environments.
- Experience with market leading virtualization tools. 5+ with Tableau preferred
- Experience in incident management and participating in 7x24 on-callsupport
- Database designs in relations to
- 10 or more years of experience with Information Technology Infrastructure including Unix HPUX, Windows, Linux, VMWARE, CISCO networks, Palo Alto and F5 load balancers
- ITIL and PMP certifications
- EMC/CISCO and HP Storage Proven Professional
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of solution design and system administration experience of structured and unstructured storage platforms
- Masters in Computer Science Engineering, Service Management a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.